The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 2 (8035/2) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jellyjo
How did people find the 9+3 marker on the UK city?
We did Bristol, did people but social or economic opportunities as more important?

I talked about London Docklands project and the Olympic park regeneration. But I basically said they are both equal and how economic development leads to social opportunities.
Reply 21
Original post by Ai12345
I talked about London Docklands project and the Olympic park regeneration. But I basically said they are both equal and how economic development leads to social opportunities.

Oh thats a really good idea - I ended up saying economic because it has benefitted Bristol more to have a better economy which means they have hopefully improve in other ways, maybe that can be inferred as leading to social opportunities.
How did you find the LIC/NEE 9 marker with economic and environmental impacts?
Reply 22
Original post by Jellyjo
Oh thats a really good idea - I ended up saying economic because it has benefitted Bristol more to have a better economy which means they have hopefully improve in other ways, maybe that can be inferred as leading to social opportunities.
How did you find the LIC/NEE 9 marker with economic and environmental impacts?

For that one I talked about Nigeria and Shell. Shell helps Nigeria to industrialise (provides jobs, scholarships, infrastructure). But oil drilling is not sustainable such as in 2015 where Shell has to pay $55mn to the community of Bodo due to a devastating oil spill.
Original post by Ai12345
For that one I talked about Nigeria and Shell. Shell helps Nigeria to industrialise (provides jobs, scholarships, infrastructure). But oil drilling is not sustainable such as in 2015 where Shell has to pay $55mn to the community of Bodo due to a devastating oil spill.

I didn’t talk about tnc’s but I talked about urban growth in Lagos and how the growing manufacturing industry provides jobs leading to the multiplier effect but then when on to talk about the slums and the waste they produce on top of the unregulated emissions. Will I be ok if I didn’t talk about tncs?
Reply 24
Original post by Ai12345

Yeah I talked about Shell and Unilever and the jobs they provide but the oil spills and stuff but i forgot to put the word TNC when describing Shell and Unilever - do you think that matters?
Reply 25
Original post by Biggiecheese259
I didn’t talk about tnc’s but I talked about urban growth in Lagos and how the growing manufacturing industry provides jobs leading to the multiplier effect but then when on to talk about the slums and the waste they produce on top of the unregulated emissions. Will I be ok if I didn’t talk about tncs?

Yes that's fine, as long as you have relevant examples.
Thank god
Reply 27
Original post by Jellyjo
Yeah I talked about Shell and Unilever and the jobs they provide but the oil spills and stuff but i forgot to put the word TNC when describing Shell and Unilever - do you think that matters?

I don't think it matters, I only used the word TNC once.
Reply 28
I didn't know what a TNC was so I didn't use it but I had loads of shell stats
easy paper
Reply 30
what was the answer to the interquartile range
Reply 31
Original post by Ai12345

Didn't it ask for a city in thr UK? I think your getting confused with a different question
Reply 32
Original post by Caotica
Didn't it ask for a city in thr UK? I think your getting confused with a different question

There was one on the UK city but also one on how economic development in an LIC/NEE improved quality of life but at a cost to the environment
Idk if that answered ur question but 🤷*♀️
Reply 33
Original post by ZS678
There was one on the UK city but also one on how economic development in an LIC/NEE improved quality of life but at a cost to the environment
Idk if that answered ur question but 🤷*♀️

Yeah dw I just got confused which one u were talking about. I did liverpool for my UK city and then Shell in Nigeria for the quality of life and environment
What about how reducing carbon footprint cam bring opportunities and challenge?
It says refer to 15a and 15b graph and it didn't say use your own understanding
So can we talk about things stretched far from the figure?
Reply 35
Original post by gs324

did u minus the second last value from the second value to give 50 thousand something???
Reply 36
Original post by gs324

im not sure but i did this

there were 7 countries
the lower quartile being 1/4 x 7 which rounds to two ( second lowest country)
the upper quartile being 3/4 x 7 which rounds to 5 (fifth highest country)

then i subtracted the upper quartile from the lower quartile to get the iqr (100,000 something)
Reply 37
I used London, although I am studying Bristol. For me, I put the economic opportunities as more significant, in terms of the taken in GDP and economic growth as a result of tourism within regenerated areas (i.e Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park). Shoreditch's silicon roundabout also had I.T firms, which also established an income for local communities as well as the entire city in general. However, I did talk about social opportunities in terms of student opinion and the quantity and quality of facilities within London as well as the jobs created for the population in areas such as Canary Wharf.
For the question about how modern industry is sustainable, did you need to use a named example or could you use your own knowledge?
Reply 39
Original post by runningfree123
For the question about how modern industry is sustainable, did you need to use a named example or could you use your own knowledge?

I think the question said to use the figure and your own understanding, if I remember correctly the case study was of the Southampton science park so I explored how it’s eco friendly and sustainable. I also used Cambridge science park because that’s the one I studied in class but I couldn’t remember too much about it.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending