The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 2 (8035/2) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by runningfree123
For the question about how modern industry is sustainable, did you need to use a named example or could you use your own knowledge?

I used Torr Quarry lmao
Reply 41
I wanted to talk about the Wakel River Basin project so bad and it didn't come up :mad:, just like in paper 1 there wasn't enough stuff about case studies
Reply 42
do anyone knows in 6 markers that ask describe the figure x and use your own understanding can you just describe the figure+ development without using your own examples
Reply 43
Original post by maryc112
do anyone knows in 6 markers that ask describe the figure x and use your own understanding can you just describe the figure+ development without using your own examples

I looked through previous mark schemes and as I understand it, if you only use the figure you are capped at level 2 out of 3 (3 to 4 marks out of 6)
Reply 44
Is there a forum for paper 3 on here?
For people that did the water questions what did you get for the percentage one in the africa bit??
Reply 46
i said the locusts were in eat africa dont remember anything about percentage. What did everyone put for the limitations of using birth rate as a measure of of development?
Reply 47
Original post by ffytrr
i said the locusts were in eat africa dont remember anything about percentage. What did everyone put for the limitations of using birth rate as a measure of of development?

Doesn't take into account wealth, social ops and quality of life
Original post by Ai12345
For that one I talked about Nigeria and Shell. Shell helps Nigeria to industrialise (provides jobs, scholarships, infrastructure). But oil drilling is not sustainable such as in 2015 where Shell has to pay $55mn to the community of Bodo due to a devastating oil spill.

Lol I thought I had messed up cuz I couldn’t find anyone in my yr who had done this! Loads of ppl in my yr did tourism in tunisia
Original post by ffytrr

I said that some of the babies that were contributing to birth rate stats may die soon after birth, so they wouldn’t eventually grow up to become part of the economically active population and contribute to the GDP/ economy.
Reply 50
Original post by Pwca

AQA GCSE Geography Paper 2 (8035/2) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Also, check out our article of student reactions to the exam - your comments on this thread might be on there!

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 9th Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 1h 30m
Congratulations on finishing your exam!

how do u do paper 3
Original post by A____J
how do u do paper 3

It's here :smile:
Original post by haileyhailey
What about how reducing carbon footprint cam bring opportunities and challenge?
It says refer to 15a and 15b graph and it didn't say use your own understanding
So can we talk about things stretched far from the figure?

heyy. Thanks for the heads up HaileyBoo xoxo.
Original post by jaydenchahil
heyy. Thanks for the heads up HaileyBoo xoxo.
Bit weird m8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending