The Student Room Group

Student loan help

I'll start this by saying I'm from Wales but I am hoping to get some advice that I can apply to the Welsh loan system. I am currently studying a higher national certificate in fashion design and sewing at the British academy of fashion design. The qualification is accredited by Pearson. I have only completed 3/8 units and have not been awarded the qualification. This is a self funded course and I received no financial help to take the course. I have now been offered a place at East 15 to study world performance which I am going to accept. However when applying for my loan I noticed that students studying a HNC or who have been awarded a HNC have received a limited loan. This is really annoying for me as I don't not have the capability to pay for a 3 year course that is unrelated to the HNC. Any advice would be appreciated 👍
Original post by hanakoowen
I'll start this by saying I'm from Wales but I am hoping to get some advice that I can apply to the Welsh loan system. I am currently studying a higher national certificate in fashion design and sewing at the British academy of fashion design. The qualification is accredited by Pearson. I have only completed 3/8 units and have not been awarded the qualification. This is a self funded course and I received no financial help to take the course. I have now been offered a place at East 15 to study world performance which I am going to accept. However when applying for my loan I noticed that students studying a HNC or who have been awarded a HNC have received a limited loan. This is really annoying for me as I don't not have the capability to pay for a 3 year course that is unrelated to the HNC. Any advice would be appreciated 👍

Hi there, You would need to contact Student Finance Wales in order to discuss this with them. Their contact telephone number is: 0300 200 4050
Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending