The Student Room Group

Care work in London for a portuguese citizen

Hi lads,

I need your help, I decided to achieve my dream to move into the kingdom. In my country a rehabilitation counselor with 3 years experience (ages 11-30), isn't worth too much in the UK unfortunately so I've started to look on the shortage list. I've found only 1 job that is close to my profession and that is care work. Now, I understand it's a general term and inside that there's few types of work. I wanted to get your help to understand what the options are, I understand at least in one of the jobs you need to wash and clean the elders after using the toilets, that's something I couldn't do but other than that I have no problem with any kind of work.

I'm researching On moving to the UK, I understand there's a massive housing crisis in London and there's not really a chance to find a place, let alone finnecie it. So I've been starting to search for the closest cities to London. that will be close enough and affordable. I'm in my late 30's so ill be happy if the place will be suitable for young / single people to, it's important for me to meet people in my age and that it won't be too boring.

I'll be happy to get some info and tips, the visa process should be very short from what ove read due to the big shortage.

I prefer to work with the same ages I've worked before if possible, kids or young adults.

Thanks !
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TOM_1900
Hi lads,

I need your help, I decided to achieve my dream to move into the kingdom. In my country a rehabilitation counselor with 3 years experience (ages 11-30), isn't worth too much in the UK unfortunately so I've started to look on the shortage list. I've found only 1 job that is close to my profession and that is care work. Now, I understand it's a general term and inside that there's few types of work. I wanted to get your help to understand what the options are, I understand at least in one of the jobs you need to wash and clean the elders after using the toilets, that's something I couldn't do but other than that I have no problem with any kind of work. I'm aiming for London only.
I'll be happy to get some info and tips, the visa process should be very short from what ove read due to the big shortage.

I prefer to work with the same ages I've worked before if possible, kids or young adults.

Thanks !

You can see all the healthcare job on findjob.co.uk at this site hope this one is of any helps
Reply 2
Original post by mayank810
You can see all the healthcare job on findjob.co.uk at this site hope this one is of any helps

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest