The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Chemistry 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by rabiiii379
Yh i got 2 something in and then standard form what did u get for the % of oxygen

I got like 5 point smth x 10 to the power of 7?
Reply 81
am i the only one who got 21% oxygen?
Reply 82
Original post by Serena#J
I got like 5 point smth x 10 to the power of 7?

What were the details of the question so I can re work it out?
Reply 83
what did you get for the oxygen % question?
Reply 84
Original post by itayrofe
what did you get for the oxygen % question?

19% cos you had to divide the difference by the total air in the apparatus so like divide by 380
Reply 85
what is the answer to the flipping oxygen % Q???
Reply 86
what is the answer to the flipping oxygen % Q???

I got 19% - did anyone else get 5. something x 10^7 for the last one?
Reply 87
I got 19% - did anyone else get 5. something x 10^7 for the last one?

i got 2.64 times 10 to the power of 7
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 88

But how? I swear I checked my answer like 5 times 😭
Reply 89
But how? I swear I checked my answer like 5 times 😭

because the hydroxide thing had 2 molecules in the equation thus you needed to multiply the moles from the sulfuric acid by 2 and then carry on.

BUT the oxygen % plus oxygen gas anode equation were the only things i did not fully know. i practiced every single question on the exam yesterday with the mark schemes except these 2
Reply 90

I think I got 5.28 x 10^7?
Reply 91
because the hydroxide thing had 2 molecules in the equation thus you needed to multiply the moles from the sulfuric acid by 2 and then carry on.

BUT the oxygen % plus oxygen gas anode equation were the only things i did not fully know. i practiced every single question on the exam yesterday with the mark schemes except these 2

Wait I’m so confused - we were finding the volume of what again?
Reply 92

Do you mean 2 moles? Of hydroxide?
Reply 93

Do you remember what the 6.6 tonnes was of?
Reply 94

Ohhhh wait I get it now I’m so dumb 😭
but I’ll only lose 1 mark ig and that was the only thing I got confused on 😂
Reply 95
no, but one reactant was 2 molecules and the one given was 1 molecule thus you needed to multiply the moles by 2
Reply 96
no, but one reactant was 2 molecules and the one given was 1 molecule thus you needed to multiply the moles by 2

What did you get for the one about the question on the proton acceptor thingy?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 97

oh yea, you needed to state that hydroxide needs to gain 1 electron (1 electron = 1 hydrogen = 1 proton) thus hydroxide reacts with hydrogen to gain 1 electron to reach its full outer shell + hydroxide is reduced/oxidising agent.
Reply 98
oh yea, you needed to state that hydroxide needs to gain 1 electron (1 electron = 1 hydrogen = 1 proton) thus hydroxide reacts with hydrogen to gain 1 electron to reach its full outer shell + hydroxide is reduced/oxidising agent.

Oh… I out something about how acids are proton donors and the alkali is therefore a proton acceptor?
Reply 99

Because it accepts the protons from the um what was it..the OH NO NO NO from the H+ to become neutral and dionised 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending