The Student Room Group

Non-consensual pictures

Hi, this may be a dumb question but I have no idea about law😭 there’s this family member of mine and we had a disagreement where she accused me of stealing and I proved to everyone as much as I could that I didn’t (some of the accusations didn’t ever make sense because she tried saying I stole a top when she’s scrawny and 10 sizes below anyone) anyway she’s fuming that I blocked her but she kept messaging my boyfriend about me and he hasn’t replied but now she’s just resolved to sending my face pictures around to my friends and boyfriends. Can I call the police with this or does it just have to be non consensual sexual images? She is 16 years old turning 17 this October so I was wondering what the most the police would do incase it would just be a waste of time.
Reply 1
id try to settle this within urselves first, shes clearly being childish and immature sending photos of your face to people who already know what you look like. maybe get parents involved since she's underage saying that if she doesn't stop you will not hesitate to go to the police. not sure what the police would do either but they would hear you out and maybe the idea of police getting involved might just scare her into stopping this
Police aren’t going to get involved for her sending pictures of your face to other people. What a weird thing for her to do…
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
id try to settle this within urselves first, shes clearly being childish and immature sending photos of your face to people who already know what you look like. maybe get parents involved since she's underage saying that if she doesn't stop you will not hesitate to go to the police. not sure what the police would do either but they would hear you out and maybe the idea of police getting involved might just scare her into stopping this

Yeah I thought they wouldn’t do anything but she’s also threatening me and stuff. It’s not that I’m scared of a little girl but getting my friends and stuff involved is crazy while I’m busy with uni and work. I’ve tried talking to her but all she wants to do is “fight” which is dumb. So I think you’re right, getting parents involved and even just a threat of calling the police may help. It’s more the fact that I don’t even post my face on social media because I’m simply not comfortable with it.
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Police aren’t going to get involved for her sending pictures of your face to other people. What a weird thing for her to do…

It is very weird but it’s more because I don’t even post my own face as I’m not comfortable with it and she knew that that’s why she is doing it. I know police won’t really do much but is filing a report gonna be any good? I have other things on her like her taking a pocket knife to school and what not and if it’s going to help my case I’ll use it, this is the last option for me.
Reply 5
It is important to consult with a solicitor who specializes in privacy or family law. But I’m gonna give a general advice like the extreme case if you decide to call the police and take this to court.

Injunction: You could apply for an injunction, specifically a prohibitory injunction, to prevent your family member from sharing the pictures without your consent. To obtain an injunction, you would need to demonstrate that there is a real and imminent threat of disclosure that would cause you harm or distress. The court will consider factors such as your right to privacy and any potential harm or damage that may arise from the disclosure.

Protection from Harassment Act 1997: If your family member's behavior can be categorized as harassment, you may be able to take legal action under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. Harassment is defined as engaging in a course of conduct that causes alarm or distress to you. You may consider gathering evidence of the harassment, such as screenshots of threatening messages or witness testimonies, to support your case. You can seek a court order, such as a restraining order, to prevent your family member from engaging in further harassing behavior.

Or carrying a pocket knife to school, it is essential to report this information to the appropriate authorities. Contact the school administration or inform the police so they can address the potential safety concern. Or you can tell your family member to stop sharing pics or she will tell the school about this.

Now don’t take my advice this is just a extreme case cause at the end of the day she is underage and only sharing pics to people who have seen you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending