The Student Room Group

friends at university!!

hi! im going to king's college hopefully this september. i was wondering if anyone else is going or is currently attending at the moment! i have such bad anxiety and my biggest fear is making no friends for the entire time at uni
Reply 1
what subject are you planning to study? The reason I ask is that you can join the facebook page for that subject at Kings. That way you will become familiar with the social life and make friends with people already on your course.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
If you can't find anything much at present, there will probably be more social media groups around near results day, if you keep a close eye on things. There may be accommodation groups as well as subject groups you can join. You could also contact Kings and ask if there are any groups to join.

When you are there, go to the freshers events, join societies, mix in as much as you can and keep mixing in.
Original post by madihaimran
hi! im going to king's college hopefully this september. i was wondering if anyone else is going or is currently attending at the moment! i have such bad anxiety and my biggest fear is making no friends for the entire time at uni

Hi @madihaimran

Making friends was something that I was worried about before I came to uni - I didn't speak to anyone before I arrived so I was especially nervous. The best advice I received was just to try and throw yourself into as much as you can. Whether that be societies or sports or things on your course, getting involved is the best way to meet people. Something else that helped me was realising that during freshers everyone is in the same boat as no one knows anyone - so you are not alone! Try not to feel too much pressure to make friends in the first few weeks, it may take time but eventually you will find your people :smile:

Jess
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending