The Student Room Group

Universities

Hi, i am currently preparing to do my exams for my A-level predicted grades and starting to look for universities.

i am studying french, spanish and biology but i am looking to do spanish, french and another language like mandarin or arabic for uni preferable with an integrated year out.

However, i am really stumped and don't know where to start looking for specific universities.

i am currently a keen rower and i am hoping to join an OTC as i will, hopefully be going to sandhurst in 5/6 years.
therefore i was wondering if anyone had any specific advice on looking for universities or know of any uni's that offer that.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Aria774
Hi, i am currently preparing to do my exams for my A-level predicted grades and starting to look for universities.

i am studying french, spanish and biology but i am looking to do spanish, french and another language like mandarin or arabic for uni preferable with an integrated year out.

However, i am really stumped and don't know where to start looking for specific universities.

i am currently a keen rower and i am hoping to join an OTC as i will, hopefully be going to sandhurst in 5/6 years.
therefore i was wondering if anyone had any specific advice on looking for universities or know of any uni's that offer that.

It sounds like you're looking for universities which are each of these sets.

1. Offer a "spanish, french and another language like mandarin or arabic" course.
2. Have a university OTC associated with them.
3. Have a rowing club (or have a non-university rowing club nearby).

For 1, you can use UCAS Search to find appropriate courses. For 2, see this list on Wikipedia. 3 will be more tricky. I suggest that you find the intersection of sets 1 and 2 first, and then check each out manually (via their web sites) to see which have a rowing club.

Warning: I suspect that the intersection of 1 and 2 will be quite large. You might need to use some other filter. Perhaps required grades, distance from home, type of university, etc. to narrow-down your search. Good luck!
depends what your aims in life are. personally, I am worried about my future, so I would look at the leaderboard for your subject and pick the best unis for my grades while being realistic. you can then narrow it down based on your preferences/locations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending