The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU design and Innovation

Hi there, I think I need a bit of guidance. I am 28yrs, working full time at the moment. I dropped off university 5 years ago due to personal reasons.
I do miss education and think having a degree would open the doors for a change in my career. Is Open University worth it? I am looking into doing a Design and Innovation degree. Do employees value it?
At the moment i can't really afford to quit, and Open University seems to be more convenient. I know it would take me a while to complete the degree, but I feel like this is the right path for me due to the circumstances.
Reply 1
Original post by cirellima
Hi there, I think I need a bit of guidance. I am 28yrs, working full time at the moment. I dropped off university 5 years ago due to personal reasons.
I do miss education and think having a degree would open the doors for a change in my career. Is Open University worth it? I am looking into doing a Design and Innovation degree. Do employees value it?
At the moment i can't really afford to quit, and Open University seems to be more convenient. I know it would take me a while to complete the degree, but I feel like this is the right path for me due to the circumstances.

I've had a look about the forum and OU degrees may seem less valuable but employers value them just as much as a typical degree, sometimes more because you're working during the degree and it shows good time management and work ethic so I think go for it. I'm also considering OU for a degree this September but plan to take a different pathway to you. It's cheaper than a brick university too which is also a bonus.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest