The Student Room Group

Losing motivation in Alevels

I'm just at the start of my A-level exam season. I've done 2, and I've got 7 left over the next week and a half. I'm very suddenly feeling like I've lost all my motivation to revise for any of them. The grades I need are quite high and I know I need to work towards them, but I'm really struggling to get myself going and to see the point in doing them, because it feels like at this point, if I don't know it, what can I really do, when there is actually a lot I can do. It also doesn't help that I have ADHD, though I am medicated for it and that has been helping this year.
Is this normal? Is it a common thing to get to your exams and just suddenly lose all your motivation? I really want to do well, it's just hard to push myself when I know they're so close to being over. Any advice would also be helpful to getting past it.
Original post by ramennoddles
I'm just at the start of my A-level exam season. I've done 2, and I've got 7 left over the next week and a half. I'm very suddenly feeling like I've lost all my motivation to revise for any of them. The grades I need are quite high and I know I need to work towards them, but I'm really struggling to get myself going and to see the point in doing them, because it feels like at this point, if I don't know it, what can I really do, when there is actually a lot I can do. It also doesn't help that I have ADHD, though I am medicated for it and that has been helping this year.
Is this normal? Is it a common thing to get to your exams and just suddenly lose all your motivation? I really want to do well, it's just hard to push myself when I know they're so close to being over. Any advice would also be helpful to getting past it.

im in the same boat with the lack of motivation and from what im hearing, seems like everyone is. that doesnt help you suddenly get motivation but it helps if you have something planned at the end that you can look forward to? im trying to organise a trip with my friends as my reward. dont work yourself too hard we're already on the cusp of being burnt out so listen to your body and mind and take as many breaks as you want. you've put in the hard work and its the final push now just two and a half weeks until its all over. good luck for the rest of ur exams!
Reply 2
Original post by arch17
im in the same boat with the lack of motivation and from what im hearing, seems like everyone is. that doesnt help you suddenly get motivation but it helps if you have something planned at the end that you can look forward to? im trying to organise a trip with my friends as my reward. dont work yourself too hard we're already on the cusp of being burnt out so listen to your body and mind and take as many breaks as you want. you've put in the hard work and its the final push now just two and a half weeks until its all over. good luck for the rest of ur exams!

Thank you, I'm glad to hear it's not just me! good luck to you too, and enjoy your trip!
Reply 3

Heya!

It is normal to experience a loss of motivation during the A-level exam season, especially when you have already completed some exams and have several more to go :smile: The pressure and fatigue can make it challenging to stay motivated. However, it's important to remind yourself of the grades you need and the long-term goals you have set for yourself.

Break down your remaining exams into smaller, manageable tasks, create a study schedule, and reward yourself after completing each task. Additionally, taking breaks, practising self-care, and engaging in activities you enjoy can help rejuvenate your motivation! :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 4

it feels like everyone's completely overwhelmed with being told to revise, revise, revise and it's making everyone too miserable to do anything about it. you're definitely not alone, remind yourself that even though it's close to being over, you're still in it and you still have the free will to do something about these exams!!! it's a tricky balance of motivating yourself without stressing yourself but im sure you are capable!!! i'm super glad the medication helps you and i wish you the best.

Quick Reply

Latest