The Student Room Group

A level choices

Hey everyone, I had a quick question. I need to choose my a levels in the next week or so, I am planning to do economics at university and taking Maths, further maths and economics but for my fourth subject I want something interesting fun and maybe useful to help with economics, I am tied between philosophy and politics. Any insights??
Original post by 2341q
Hey everyone, I had a quick question. I need to choose my a levels in the next week or so, I am planning to do economics at university and taking Maths, further maths and economics but for my fourth subject I want something interesting fun and maybe useful to help with economics, I am tied between philosophy and politics. Any insights??

Just pick whichever one you like more as unis don't tend to consider 4th A levels anyway.
Original post by 2341q

politics probs links with economics slightly better as a small part of the spec of Econ is about political figures (very small tho). however, its best to pick the one u think will be most interesting as ur other subjects secure u for Econ at uni and if u find it more interesting u will be more motivated to revise in yr13
With those three a levels your hands will already be full.. if you can get into economics with 3, I wouldn’t suggest doing 4. It’s really stressful and a huge workload xx
Original post by 2341q

i do alevel philosophy and ethics which is quite different because we are looking at the philosophy of religion and ethics and religion but my teacher who teaches philosophy of religion also taught alevel philosophy at another school and she said that alevel philosophy is much harder than alevel philosophy and ethics and knowing how content heavy and how you have to remember all those philosopers i would say to not do alevel philosophy. Besides ur alevel choices for economics is already ggod. How about you just do only those 3 alevels and if you want you can do an EPQ?

Quick Reply

Latest