The Student Room Group

Motivation help

All my friends are saying that the summer holiday, or going to uni motivates them during alevels and thats how they are getting by. I don't understand why.
Because you can say this to me but it doesn't motivate me because i still have to suffer during alevels and im still not motivated bc im doing alevels.
I need smt to motivate me thats actually worth while. I'm a realistic thinker and thinking abt the summer holiday or uni gets me no where
Reply 1
There are other options post-16, such as apprenticeships, so why did you choose to do A-levels? What are you plans after that? Do you have an aim, career-wise?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
There are other options post-16, such as apprenticeships, so why did you choose to do A-levels? What are you plans after that? Do you have an aim, career-wise?

I didn't even know they were a thing until it was like the Christmas holidays in year12. Pretty much just chose alevels bc thats all out school told us abt. I want to go into the IT or tech industry but i dont have an actual career in mind
Original post by Anonymous #1
I didn't even know they were a thing until it was like the Christmas holidays in year12. Pretty much just chose alevels bc thats all out school told us abt. I want to go into the IT or tech industry but i dont have an actual career in mind

I don’t know i feel like we may be similar but at the same time it’s really different. I love my alevels (i do humanities) but i just feel stuck. The idea of working excites me but at the same time i have no real passion for anything. Theres nothing which strikes me and thererefore i dont have much motivation for the future. The idea of going to university or doing an apprentiship just gives the impresssion of a blank face

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending