The Student Room Group

Stats and Mechanics

Hi. My exam schedule is packed and I haven’t had much time to revise any stats and mechanics. The gap between my stats and mechanics exam and the one before it is exactly one day. My current knowledge in stats is very minimal and I have great year 1 mechanics knowledge.

I was wondering if its a good idea to leave stats and mechanics to the literal last day and learn it all then (I heard the content is very easy to learn quick) or if I should leave revision for my other subjects and do stats and mechanics then.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by arun_d
Hi. My exam schedule is packed and I haven’t had much time to revise any stats and mechanics. The gap between my stats and mechanics exam and the one before it is exactly one day. My current knowledge in stats is very minimal and I have great year 1 mechanics knowledge.

I was wondering if its a good idea to leave stats and mechanics to the literal last day and learn it all then (I heard the content is very easy to learn quick) or if I should leave revision for my other subjects and do stats and mechanics then.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

AS-Level: https://activeteach-prod.resource.pearson-intl.com/r00/r0067/r006746/r00674672/current/Statistics_and_Mechanics_Year_1_AS_Extra_online_content.html

A-Level: https://activeteach-prod.resource.pearson-intl.com/r00/r0071/r007111/r00711158/current/Statistics_and_Mechanics_Year_2_AS_Extra_online_content.html
Reply 2
Original post by arun_d

As with almost every subject (both in and out of maths), the answer is "it depends on how good you are at it". Mechanics was by far my worst topic at A-Levels, so I wouldn't have done that, but if you're already confident with the topics, go for it.

One thing I would like to point out if you want to do maths later in life (as in university) is that cramming doesn't do much good for committing the topics to long-term memory.

Quick Reply

Latest