The Student Room Group

A Level maths paper 3

This is going to sound very dumb but please bare with me.
I've been dealing with some mental health issues and havent been able to revise properly for a long time. this has massively affected my progress in my maths grade. I literally had to learn all of the as and a2 maths content this month because it was the first time I was able to revise.
I started off with roughly 10 marks on pure papers but ive been able to get those marks up to roughly 60 on each paper now.
now the issue for me is paper 3, I really have no understanding of the basics for both statistics and mechanics and I just cant wrap my head around it. ive tried textbooks and other suggestions so does anybody have any advice for me so that I could at least learn the basics in the week coming up to the exam?
I really appreciate it.
Original post by degreeapprentice
I've been dealing with some mental health issues and havent been able to revise properly for a long time. this has massively affected my progress in my maths grade. I literally had to learn all of the as and a2 maths content this month because it was the first time I was able to revise.
I started off with roughly 10 marks on pure papers but ive been able to get those marks up to roughly 60 on each paper now.
now the issue for me is paper 3, I really have no understanding of the basics for both statistics and mechanics and I just cant wrap my head around it. ive tried textbooks and other suggestions so does anybody have any advice for me so that I could at least learn the basics in the week coming up to the exam?
I really appreciate it.

Mechanics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW-iMkF5iJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKhsGzarHGU

Statistics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwvVuP96Xjc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7rs82MVL_0
I really appreciate it.

I’m in the same boat as you man, did you finish pure A2 completely? I’ve still got a few topics to do, I haven’t even touched stats and mechanics yet
Original post by adrigoalevel
I’m in the same boat as you man, did you finish pure A2 completely? I’ve still got a few topics to do, I haven’t even touched stats and mechanics yet

yhh ive basically finished pure completely. theres certain parts im not fully strong at yet but I can answer most questions. same and thats why im panicking for paper 3
I really appreciate it.

Paper 3 is honestly quite difficult. For now, I would try to learn most of the A2 content for a level mechanics bc as stuff doesnt come up that often. If your really stuck on time, focus on learning stats because I think most people find this easier compared to mechanics. However, for stats I would recommed learning both as and A2.

Good luck!!!
I hope you get through this
Original post by foreverrocking1
Paper 3 is honestly quite difficult. For now, I would try to learn most of the A2 content for a level mechanics bc as stuff doesnt come up that often. If your really stuck on time, focus on learning stats because I think most people find this easier compared to mechanics. However, for stats I would recommed learning both as and A2.

Good luck!!!
I hope you get through this

okay ill try to do that thank you very much!!
are there any good resources out there for stats and mechanics that explain really clearly?

Quick Reply

Latest