The Student Room Group

How are A Level predicted grades calculated?

I'm really worried about my predicted grades as I got AAA on my first set of Y12 mocks and so my MEGs/MLGS ( I can't remember) were set to A*A*A, however I'm currently doing my second set of mocks and I assume this will be the most determining in our predicted grades as it's closer to the time, but I feel like I'm performing a lot worse in this set - I've done 2 so far and one went well but one went so awful I might've failed so I can't tell what will happen? will they just use my best grade of the 2 mocks, or go in the middle, etc?
Original post by user93_
I'm really worried about my predicted grades as I got AAA on my first set of Y12 mocks and so my MEGs/MLGS ( I can't remember) were set to A*A*A, however I'm currently doing my second set of mocks and I assume this will be the most determining in our predicted grades as it's closer to the time, but I feel like I'm performing a lot worse in this set - I've done 2 so far and one went well but one went so awful I might've failed so I can't tell what will happen? will they just use my best grade of the 2 mocks, or go in the middle, etc?

They’ll probably take your performance in other assessments into account as well, so if you’ve done badly in these mocks but well in everything else along the way, your predicted grades won’t be low. At my sixth form our predicted grades were determined by our results in our end of year 12 mocks. We had mocks again at the beginning of year 13 and they only affected our predicted grades if we did better than before.
How they’re calculated will very between schools, and even between teachers; I had a teacher who refused to ever predict anyone an A*. If you’re concerned, speak to your careers advisor, head of year, or tutor - they’ll know best! Good luck
Reply 3
Original post by Teribblestudent
They’ll probably take your performance in other assessments into account as well, so if you’ve done badly in these mocks but well in everything else along the way, your predicted grades won’t be low. At my sixth form our predicted grades were determined by our results in our end of year 12 mocks. We had mocks again at the beginning of year 13 and they only affected our predicted grades if we did better than before.

ah i see that’s relieving to hear thank u for the response!
Reply 4
Original post by rosacherry
How they’re calculated will very between schools, and even between teachers; I had a teacher who refused to ever predict anyone an A*. If you’re concerned, speak to your careers advisor, head of year, or tutor - they’ll know best! Good luck

thank you! i will do :smile:
Original post by user93_
thank you! i will do :smile:

No worries, and good luck! As a first year uni student, the UCAS process is stressful, but schools make it sound far worse than it is. It’s hard, but you will get through it!

Quick Reply

Latest