The Student Room Group

Can i get into medicine with these GCSEs?

I just got my GCSE results and I'm unsure whether I'll be able to take medicine at Uni. I got 2 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 2 Grade 7s, 2 Grade 6s, a Grade 5 and a Grade 4 (Spanish). I got a Grade 5 in English Language so I plan on resitting in november but I'm unsure how that will affect my Uni application.I would also appreciate any advice on what parts of my uni application i should focus on for medicine as i go into college. Any advice given would be much appreciated :smile:
It's an OK set of results, but you would really have to have a strong application/ set of predicted grades at A-level to really shine through.
may also have some additional wisdom to share :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Famzz02
I just got my GCSE results and I'm unsure whether I'll be able to take medicine at Uni. I got 2 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 2 Grade 7s, 2 Grade 6s, a Grade 5 and a Grade 4 (Spanish). I got a Grade 5 in English Language so I plan on resitting in november but I'm unsure how that will affect my Uni application.I would also appreciate any advice on what parts of my uni application i should focus on for medicine as i go into college. Any advice given would be much appreciated :smile:

Have a read through this:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/results/gcse/medical-school-gcse-requirements
Reply 3
Thank you guys so much for your input. I am new to using this platform so im still getting used to the ins and out of using the threads
Original post by Famzz02
Hey I got a similar set of grades to you. Did you get into medicine, if so what were your a level grades and what school is it?

Quick Reply

Latest