The Student Room Group

What are your thoughts on rainbow washing?

I think if companies are actually donating money to charities to support the community etc. then I don't mind it. If it's just for the sake of looking inclusive or like a PR thing then I'm not so keen :redface:

What are your thoughts on rainbow washing?

I think if companies are actually donating money to charities to support the community etc. then I don't mind it. If it's just for the sake of looking inclusive or like a PR thing then I'm not so keen :redface:
Reply 2
As in people who are not LGBT+ wearing rainbow lanyards to show how right-on and cool they are - virtue signalling at its worst.
Original post by McGinger
As in people who are not LGBT+ wearing rainbow lanyards to show how right-on and cool they are - virtue signalling at its worst.
I mean some people might simply like rainbows.
Original post by McGinger

If they are genuinely supportive of LGBT+ people, is that an issue?
Reply 5
I think just having the visibility is important because there is seem to be a rise in hate against the LGB community at the moment, as a result of it being apart of the TQIA community, which is really under attack. So it's great that big companies are showing support. I also think it helps to inform people from certain countries that come to the "West" that it's okay to be apart of said community by having it pretty much everywhere.
Reply 6
Far too many are just jerk opportunists who are only doing so for commercial reasons or to appear as modern fashionable businesses.

Whilst a few are rotten apples with actively sinister motivations that seek to create a short term pro-pride mirage once a year primarily to help them conceal their on-going support for very foul agendas connected with same sex attraction.
Such as a positive opinion on the use of conversion therapy in relation to homosexuals, defending the so-called rights of hate criminal religious fanatics that make a habit of soliciting/incentivising sexual assaults upon gay females or have active financial involvement with the american lawyers who have lined their own pockets by turning the 'gay panic defence' into a lucrative cottage industry within some regional areas.

Quick Reply

Latest