The Student Room Group

Feedback issues / final grade

Please is anyone else going through this? I have been consistently seeking feedback, actively engaging with tutors to review and improve my work, and receive positive comments from the module leader suggesting only minor adjustments are needed, but still end up with a lower grade than expected, its sooo disheartening. I also feel like the grade does not accurately reflect the effort you put into my work. I also feel like an error could have been made. What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous
Please is anyone else going through this? I have been consistently seeking feedback, actively engaging with tutors to review and improve my work, and receive positive comments from the module leader suggesting only minor adjustments are needed, but still end up with a lower grade than expected, its sooo disheartening. I also feel like the grade does not accurately reflect the effort you put into my work. I also feel like an error could have been made. What should I do?

A key thing that many students misunderstand, the grade should be based on the quality of the work, not effort expended. On my course we have problems with students spending way to long on an assessed piece of work trying to polish it when that time would be better spent doing all the optional but really important background reading and problem sets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending