The Student Room Group

Submitting dissertation without feedback

I needed to submit my master's dissertation 2 weeks before deadline due to personal circumstances, so I didn't have time to send it to my supervisor for feedback. We had multiple meetings during the year and she also gave me feedback on the poster which was the summarised version of dissertation. But now I'm worried about not sending her final draft. Does anyone have the same experience of submitting dissertation without a draft?
Reply 1
I never had feedback on either my BA or MA dissertations, just wrote them and submitted.
Original post by Anonymous
I needed to submit my master's dissertation 2 weeks before deadline due to personal circumstances, so I didn't have time to send it to my supervisor for feedback. We had multiple meetings during the year and she also gave me feedback on the poster which was the summarised version of dissertation. But now I'm worried about not sending her final draft. Does anyone have the same experience of submitting dissertation without a draft?

It would be pretty unusual to give feedback on a notionally complete thesis before submission, that's like marking your own homework for an academic. My local ruleset allows feedback on the overall structure and a page or two of camera ready work to highlight presentational issues, but the whole point about a thesis is to show what the student can do without handholding, particularly at the masters level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending