The Student Room Group

Applying to EPFL( Switzerland ) from uk

I’ve been looking at applying to EPFL for a bachelors course in Mechanical engineering.
The courses I take for A level are
Maths further maths chem physics and French.
I fill in all their admissions requirements apart from the necessary language of country of origin «* A level eng lot «* it’s unrealistic to expect stem students to do this. Is there any chance of being able to get in without having to sit their entrance exam as this would require significant amount of extra work.
Epfl is very srtict. You need A level Maths, Physics and English. No other way around it apart from the admission exam. Which other unis did you get offers from?
There is no alternative. drop one of your A-Levels for English if you are determined to go there.
You have a good combination of A level subjects for UK universities. I agree having to take English to go into STEM is odd. Often students are either scientific or literary
Original post by Anonymous
You have a good combination of A level subjects for UK universities. I agree having to take English to go into STEM is odd. Often students are either scientific or literary

It's the case everywhere in Switzerland, however if you're adamant to go and don't want to take english, sign up for the winter admissions exam.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’ve been looking at applying to EPFL for a bachelors course in Mechanical engineering.
The courses I take for A level are
Maths further maths chem physics and French.
I fill in all their admissions requirements apart from the necessary language of country of origin «* A level eng lot «* it’s unrealistic to expect stem students to do this. Is there any chance of being able to get in without having to sit their entrance exam as this would require significant amount of extra work.

The requirements for A Levels just changed for this year. Hopefully, it won't change at short notice next year.
You don't need A level English anymore.
Are you in year 12 or year 13?
Which UK universities are you thinking of applying to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending