The Student Room Group

Parents working abroad

Hi,

I am re-applying for student finance as a returning undergraduate student. I need advice regarding the following question:

“Since 1 September 2020 has either your: parents, step-parents or guardians, husband, wife or civil partner, lived or worked outside the UK and Islands or, in the case of an EU, EEA or Swiss national outside the EEA or Switzerland?”

My parents have recently started working in an EEA country (having previously worked in the UK).

My parents and I are both UK and EU nationals (dual nationality).

In my application I have said ‘Yes’ to being a UK national, was not asked if I also have EU nationality.

I am unsure whether to say ‘Yes’ as I am applying as a UK national, or ‘No’ as I also am an EU national.

Thanks
Original post by question_8823
Hi,

I am re-applying for student finance as a returning undergraduate student. I need advice regarding the following question:

“Since 1 September 2020 has either your: parents, step-parents or guardians, husband, wife or civil partner, lived or worked outside the UK and Islands or, in the case of an EU, EEA or Swiss national outside the EEA or Switzerland?”

My parents have recently started working in an EEA country (having previously worked in the UK).

My parents and I are both UK and EU nationals (dual nationality).

In my application I have said ‘Yes’ to being a UK national, was not asked if I also have EU nationality.

I am unsure whether to say ‘Yes’ as I am applying as a UK national, or ‘No’ as I also am an EU national.

Thanks

Hi there, You would select applying as a UK National. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending