The Student Room Group

Maths interview questions Oxford vs Cambridge

Hello, I have been looking over some interview questions that have been asked at Oxford and Cambridge for maths (By way of things like Tom rocks maths and a couple 4th years who have said what they were asked) and I noticed that, from the ones I have been able to find, this could vary when I can find more, I tend to have a better time solving the ones from Oxford over Cambridge. I was wondering if this was by design, and they simply put more weight into the other parts of application, or if I have simply been looking at questions I myself find easier. I ask because I am hoping to apply for Cambridge, but I seem to favour the actual Oxford style interview questions more, is there any difference between the two?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I have been looking over some interview questions that have been asked at Oxford and Cambridge for maths (By way of things like Tom rocks maths and a couple 4th years who have said what they were asked) and I noticed that, from the ones I have been able to find, this could vary when I can find more, I tend to have a better time solving the ones from Oxford over Cambridge. I was wondering if this was by design, and they simply put more weight into the other parts of application, or if I have simply been looking at questions I myself find easier. I ask because I am hoping to apply for Cambridge, but I seem to favour the actual Oxford style interview questions more, is there any difference between the two?

Apply for the university you actually want to go to. Cambridge interview 80% of applicants while for Oxford iirc its around 20%. Also interviews aren't all about being right they are to see if they can teach you and that you are open to discussion. I had a Cambridge interview (not STEM) and I was successful.

If you can do a practice interview with someone at your school to help with the nerves and answering questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending