The Student Room Group

Crying on my birthday party

Today it’s my birthday party. My mom is hosting it and all my family are coming around so it’s quite big. For some reason, I’m really upset. I’ve been crying all week about it, and I think today I’ve come to the conclusion why I’m upset.
My mom herself said ‘we are hosting this party so that we can call everyone to our house once so that they don’t have to come again for the next few months’. That’s purely the reason why she’s hosting it. I even said multiple times how much I don’t want a birthday Party. No one my age is going to be here so im going to have no one to talk to.
And another thing is that no one has even thought about me. My mom hasn’t even thought about me, the birthday girl. She hasn’t asked me what I want for my birthday, so ultimately I have no present. She wants me to wear the most basic clothes today while she’s all dressed up. Idk why I feel like I’m being so unreasonable but I’ve been crying for ages. There’s going to be about 40 people at our house. It just doesn’t feel like my birthday at all, and the fact that I never even wanted a party in the first place makes me more upset.
This reminds me of my friends wedding... the brides mother was very controlling and when he tried to say something on the matter, she (the mother in law) looked him dead in the eye and said and I quote:-

It's not your wedding, it's MINE!!! :eek:

They're still marred, but the two sides of the family don't speak to each other.

Could you not invite a few of your friends there? Or deliberately wear something to upstage her? Or not come out of your room as a protest?

Sorry, I don't have anything really useful to say here, apart from it's just one day, so it'll be a memory before you know it.

If all else fails, play you mum this song:-

(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Today it’s my birthday party. My mom is hosting it and all my family are coming around so it’s quite big. For some reason, I’m really upset. I’ve been crying all week about it, and I think today I’ve come to the conclusion why I’m upset.
My mom herself said ‘we are hosting this party so that we can call everyone to our house once so that they don’t have to come again for the next few months’. That’s purely the reason why she’s hosting it. I even said multiple times how much I don’t want a birthday Party. No one my age is going to be here so im going to have no one to talk to.
And another thing is that no one has even thought about me. My mom hasn’t even thought about me, the birthday girl. She hasn’t asked me what I want for my birthday, so ultimately I have no present. She wants me to wear the most basic clothes today while she’s all dressed up. Idk why I feel like I’m being so unreasonable but I’ve been crying for ages. There’s going to be about 40 people at our house. It just doesn’t feel like my birthday at all, and the fact that I never even wanted a party in the first place makes me more upset.

Hi there,

Happy birthday! :cake: I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying your special day and that it has been used as an excuse for other people's gains. Hopefully you got to experience at least one moment where you felt appreciated; whether that was through a stranger on the internet or a lovely ray of sunshine. Make tomorrow your birthday instead and treat yourself! You deserve to feel happy and special on your day so I definitely hope that your next birthday is much nicer.

Have a great day!
Rachel- YSJ student rep
heyyy
happy birthday
it was my birthday last weekend and we had a big family thing. I live my family and enjoy spending time with them but I just feel rlly uncomfortable and hate being around lots of people even if they are my family. we went out and it was fine but then everyone came back to our house and they sort of invited themselves to stay for dinner and by this time I was just really bored of being around people and just wanted them to leave. I tried to go be by myself for a bit my I was told off bc I was told that they were all here for me and I was being rude. then the next day we had just a small barbecue in the garden with just my parents and sister and my nan bc she was staying with us.
sorry this went on a bit longg but my point is if u are close with your mum tell her how u feel and try to do like a small birthday celebration that u actually enjoy or go out with your friends next weekend maybe
i’m rlly bad at this sort of stuff but I hope this helps anyways xx
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Are you an onion since it seems you cry all the time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending