The Student Room Group

Is Jersey a good place to visit?

Reply 1
Original post by Kutie Karen

I've enjoyed my visits there -- several times as a child, and a couple of times in the last few years as an adult.
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
I've enjoyed my visits there -- several times as a child, and a couple of times in the last few years as an adult.

Thanks. I have never been there and thinking of going. Anything that is worth a visit?
Reply 3
Thanks. I have never been there and thinking of going. Anything that is worth a visit?

It depends on what sort of things you're interested in!

One of the interesting things about the Channel Islands is that they were the only part of the British Isles that were occupied by the Germans in WWII.

Jersey Museum
Maritime Museum and Occupation Tapestry Gallery
Jersey War Tunnels (German Undergound Hospital)

Also, places like Elizabeth Castle (dates back to the 1600s) and Mont Orgueil Castle (dates back to the 1200s).

Plus there are plenty of beaches.
Reply 4
Original post by martin7
It depends on what sort of things you're interested in!

One of the interesting things about the Channel Islands is that they were the only part of the British Isles that were occupied by the Germans in WWII.

Jersey Museum
Maritime Museum and Occupation Tapestry Gallery
Jersey War Tunnels (German Undergound Hospital)

Also, places like Elizabeth Castle (dates back to the 1600s) and Mont Orgueil Castle (dates back to the 1200s).

Plus there are plenty of beaches.

Thanks Martin:smile:

Just had looked at some pictures in internet. I have never been there, but the atmosphere seems to be heavenly there.
My humble opinion: The best thing about Jersey is it's proximity to NYC! Having said that, there are some really nice aspects of the state.
Original post by Hull Anderson
My humble opinion: The best thing about Jersey is it's proximity to NYC! Having said that, there are some really nice aspects of the state.

The Jersey the OP is referring to is one of a group of islands in the English Channel close to the coast of France - so a long way from NYC.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Jersey/
Reply 8
Original post by Kallisto
Just had looked at some pictures in internet. I have never been there, but the atmosphere seems to be heavenly there.

I like to hear peoples opinions and experiences. It does look gorgeous:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest