The Student Room Group

change parent living w for SFE

Hi,

I have applied for SFE for 23/24 and put that I will be living with my dad (parents are separated). However due to a change in circumstances I will be living with mom for third year. My application (with dads income) is currently being processed - how do i update it to say that I will be living with my mom and that they need to use her income instead?

When I log in it gives me the option to cancel my application which seems like the easiest solution but I don’t want to have problems with reapplying if I cancel it. Thanks.
Threads merged - please don't make multiple threads for the same question.
Original post by user140524
Hi,

I have applied for SFE for 23/24 and put that I will be living with my dad (parents are separated). However due to a change in circumstances I will be living with mom for third year. My application (with dads income) is currently being processed - how do i update it to say that I will be living with my mom and that they need to use her income instead?

When I log in it gives me the option to cancel my application which seems like the easiest solution but I don’t want to have problems with reapplying if I cancel it. Thanks.

Hi there,

Can you please confirm when you plan to start living with your Mum?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 3
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Can you please confirm when you plan to start living with your Mum?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,

From next week. I have put her down for SFE for all of my previous applications as I have lived with her primarily - I just need to know how to update SFE of this change as their incomes are obviously different and I don’t want to end up receiving more/less than I’m entitled to.
Hi,

From next week. I have put her down for SFE for all of my previous applications as I have lived with her primarily - I just need to know how to update SFE of this change as their incomes are obviously different and I don’t want to end up receiving more/less than I’m entitled to.

Thank you and is your mum a single parent living alone? If so, if you upload a cover letter asking to be assessed based on your mums income instead of your Dad's as you have moved in with her. If you also get her to complete the PFF2 form as well. https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

Thanks, Jason
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you and is your mum a single parent living alone? If so, if you upload a cover letter asking to be assessed based on your mums income instead of your Dad's as you have moved in with her. If you also get her to complete the PFF2 form as well. https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

Thanks, Jason

Hi, yes she's a single parent living alone. So just to confirm I need to upload a cover letter explaining my change of circumstances with a completed PFF2 form attached? Do you know if I am able to upload this online or do I have to post it? Thanks.
Hi, yes she's a single parent living alone. So just to confirm I need to upload a cover letter explaining my change of circumstances with a completed PFF2 form attached? Do you know if I am able to upload this online or do I have to post it? Thanks.

That is correct. You'll be able to digitally upload this to your account.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 7
Original post by SFE Jason
That is correct. You'll be able to digitally upload this to your account.

Thanks, Jason

That’s great, thank you for your help!
That’s great, thank you for your help!

You're welcome!
Have a nice day!

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 9
Hi,

I uploaded the cover letter and form a couple of days ago but I haven't had an email confirmation to say that SFE has received this. When I go into my inbox on my SFE account it also doesn't say anything about receiving my evidence. Should I upload it again?

Thanks.
Hi,

I uploaded the cover letter and form a couple of days ago but I haven't had an email confirmation to say that SFE has received this. When I go into my inbox on my SFE account it also doesn't say anything about receiving my evidence. Should I upload it again?

Thanks.

Hi there,

We don't always send and e-mail to confirm an upload, but yet: just to be safe it would be best to upload this again.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending