The Student Room Group

Surrey vs Sussex vs Cardiff university

Hello,
I got an offer from surrey,sussex,cardiff university
I cannot decide which one is better for msc digital/strategic marketing?
however,I did not chose cardiff because of the program msc business strategy and entrepreneurship due to future job prospects.
Reply 1
Those 3 universities rank pretty much the same across the board, so I’d choose based on other factors such as location, modules offered, etc
Original post by sohaibshabbir41
Hello,
however,I did not chose cardiff because of the program msc business strategy and entrepreneurship due to future job prospects.

Hi there!

I'm glad to hear you're considering Surrey for your MSc programme :biggrin:

Surrey offers both of those pathways, which gives you freedom of choice.

As @kafka_six said, it probably will come down to personal preference of location, modules, etc. Here are links for both the MSc Strategic Marketing and MSc Digital Marketing pathways. There, you can compare Surrey's modules with those offered by other universities, such as Sussex and decide which one excites you the most.

Other factors to consider can be location: Guildford is quite close to London (30 mins by train), where you will find lots of job opportunities. The university campus offers all you need as a student and resident, such as shops, a massive variety of study spaces as well as group meeting areas, a nice lake to sit around and have a picnic or even BBQ, and their own nightclub. Coming back to Guildford, it is a very peaceful town in Surrey, that has a vibrant high street for when you want to just walk around on your time off and do a bit of shopping, which is a 15-min walk from the main campus :smile: It offers plenty to do such as restaurants, pubs, and nightclubs. Guildford also offers many green spaces such as parks, if you like to keep active and go running, for example.

Location was a big factor for me, and I don't regret that. The train station is a 10-min walk from the campus, so I can quickly travel to where I want to, without much hassle. This is something you may need to consider if your chosen university ends up having a campus that is quite far from a train station.

I really hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Marko
BSc Accounting and Finance
Reply 3
Original post by sohaibshabbir41
Hello,

Avoid Surrey - Guildford is so boring
Original post by Muttley79
Avoid Surrey - Guildford is so boring

As I said in the post above, I believe the decision I made to live in Guildford was a good one. Whether it's a boring town or not boils down to personal preference, which I emphasise and respect. I personally enjoy living in Guildford, as it's one of the busier towns in Surrey, providing a nice balance in lifestyle. I'd love to hear more about your experience living here, though! It's interesting to see things through a different perspective.

Many thanks for your input,

Marko

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending