The Student Room Group

Surrey vs Sussex

Any feedback from recent students at Surrey or Sussex university, particularly for psychology? Knowing both places well it seems obvious that student life at Sussex would be very different from Surrey, but Sussex has fallen down the rankings whereas Surrey has risen. Employability/outcomes is also way higher at Surrey than Sussex? Tough choice.
Original post by ktstevens
Any feedback from recent students at Surrey or Sussex university, particularly for psychology? Knowing both places well it seems obvious that student life at Sussex would be very different from Surrey, but Sussex has fallen down the rankings whereas Surrey has risen. Employability/outcomes is also way higher at Surrey than Sussex? Tough choice.

As long as both Psychology courses are accredited by the BPS then you're good either way.
For Psychology the rankings aren't hugely important, an accredited course is an accredited course.

It sounds like you might enjoy your time at Sussex more but you like the look of Surrey's course better?
Hello,

I'm a current MSc Psychology (Conversion) student at the University of Surrey and also did my UG here. The Psychology department is enthusiastic and offers lots of opportunities in terms of connections. For example, I'm a part of the Brain and Behaviour Lab. I also had a research assistant role.

Our campus features a variety of clubs and societies. There's a nightclub on campus that is popular among students or places in town too. The close community works in our favour and it's not far to go into London (around 34 mins to Waterloo!) for events too.

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology Student

Quick Reply

Latest