The Student Room Group

Will I still get offers if one of my predicted grade doesn't reach the requirement?

I wanna study math and most unis I'm applying to offer around AAA. I'm currently predicted A*A*B and I doubt I can ask my teacher to make the B into an A because the highest grade I've gotten barely scraped a B.
Reply 1
I'm assuming the B grade isnt in Maths or FM.....?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
I'm assuming the B grade isnt in Maths or FM.....?

Yes the B is in biology and I dont do FM
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by asquerop
I wanna study math and most unis I'm applying to offer around AAA. I'm currently predicted A*A*B and I doubt I can ask my teacher to make the B into an A because the highest grade I've gotten barely scraped a B.

Hi,
Unfortunately there's no straight answer for this as it completely depends on the university and how many applicants they get at the time. Sometimes universities may accept you based on you as an applicant and pay less attention to the specific grades.
If you're unsure it's always best to reach out to the universities that you've applied to themselves and potentially ask a course tutor if that option is available to you.
Best of luck,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student

Nobody can give you a definite answer to this. However most Maths courses do not get filled and many will accept you with a B in Biology and an A* in Maths. Yow will likely be made the standard AAA offer but they might accept you with slightly lower on results day. Get 1 or 2 courses where the required includes a B.
There are a number of very good universities that accept a B including Aberystwyth, Cardiff, East Anglia, Liverpool, Loughborough, Queen Mary, Reading, Royal Holloway, Sheffield, Surrey, Sussex and Swansea. Have a look at these for your 4th and 5th choices but go for 3 AAA universities as well.
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
There are a number of very good universities that accept a B including Aberystwyth, Cardiff, East Anglia, Liverpool, Loughborough, Queen Mary, Reading, Royal Holloway, Sheffield, Surrey, Sussex and Swansea. Have a look at these for your 4th and 5th choices but go for 3 AAA universities as well.

Okay thank youu.
I'm alreadu thinking of applying to
Bristol (I have a guaranteed contextual offer)
Birmingham
Manchester
Loughborough
Sheffield
But I've been debating whether I should change it
Okay thank youu.
I'm alreadu thinking of applying to
Bristol (I have a guaranteed contextual offer)
Birmingham
Manchester
Loughborough
Sheffield
But I've been debating whether I should change it

If your happy with it go for it. Why Bristol when your others are very much more Northern. What about Lancaster or Liverpool.
Reply 8
Original post by swanseajack1
If your happy with it go for it. Why Bristol when your others are very much more Northern. What about Lancaster or Liverpool.

I actually live in Bristol so it's kinda the opposite for me lol
I actually live in Bristol so it's kinda the opposite for me lol

If your living in Bristol why not Cardiff, Reading or Exeter if you want to be close to home. All only an hour or so away.

Quick Reply

Latest