The Student Room Group

Universities in uk

University of Surrey Vs Sussex Vs Lancaster, which one is better for computer science?
Reply 1
If you refer to the CS league table the answer would be Lancaster, Surrey and Sussex in that order, but picking according to your personal tastes can be quite difference and nuanced. You might want to consider a multitude of factors. Examples being: (1) Reputation - How would this look on my CV etc (won't be a problem with any of these three but Lancaster and Surrey are notably recognised more compared to Sussex). (2) Location & Culture - You're spending 3-4 years of your life here, your location will affect your mood and your mood will affect the quality of your work! Does the surrounding city and university itself fit your values and is the atmosphere to your liking? Does the cost of living and lifestyle work out for you? (3) Faculty & Resources - Are the lecturers articulate? Would they support you enough from past testimonies? Will you have enough at your disposal to thrive in that environment? There's also other things such as its alumni network, internships, unless you secure one over the summer back in your home city, etc, but I think those 3 are the most important factors to consider. Overall though, they're all great options and I wouldn't sweat over it too much.
Everything above and also consider if they will give you decent work experience to make you competitve in the workplace.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending