The Student Room Group

Accreditation for incomplete undergrad

I'm about to start my third year of my undergraduate degree (outside UK). I want to check if BPS accredits my degree, but I'm unsure if my application will be processed, given that I have yet to graduate. Please advise.
(The BPS website mentions this:
Please note: We are unable to consider part-completed qualifications, or qualifications that have not been formally conferred by the university towards an application for membership.)
Reply 1
Original post by ash_0803
I'm about to start my third year of my undergraduate degree (outside UK). I want to check if BPS accredits my degree, but I'm unsure if my application will be processed, given that I have yet to graduate. Please advise.
(The BPS website mentions this:
Please note: We are unable to consider part-completed qualifications, or qualifications that have not been formally conferred by the university towards an application for membership.)

Hey! i’m outside UK too. I’m an Indian and studied at one of the top ranked colleges for Psychology. I got my GBC in January 2022. Where do you study currently? Is your college/uni one of the top ranked colleges for psychology? BPS has a select list of colleges/unis for which they provide accreditation. Does your course cover the core modules mentioned on BPS’s website? Like cognitive psych, social psych, statistics and research methods (there are more modules). If perhaps your undergrad isnt eligible for accreditation, then you’d need to do a MSc Psychology Conversion course accredited by the BPS. This would make you eligible for GBC. My friend who studied at a college which isnt famous or ranked, and her course didnt cover the core psych modules needed for GBC. so she couldnt get her GBC :/.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ravenpri
Hey! i’m outside UK too. I’m an Indian and studied at one of the top ranked colleges for Psychology. I got my GBC in January 2022. Where do you study currently? Is your college/uni one of the top ranked colleges for psychology? BPS has a select list of colleges/unis for which they provide accreditation. Does your course cover the core modules mentioned on BPS’s website? Like cognitive psych, social psych, statistics and research methods (there are more modules). If perhaps your undergrad isnt eligible for accreditation, then you’d need to do a MSc Psychology Conversion course accredited by the BPS. This would make you eligible for GBC. My friend who studied at a college which isnt famous or ranked, and her course didnt cover the core psych modules needed for GBC. so she couldnt get her GBC :/.

That makes sense, yeah. Thank you. But I wanted to know if I can get my GBC before completing my undergrad. Is that possible?
Reply 3
Original post by ash_0803
That makes sense, yeah. Thank you. But I wanted to know if I can get my GBC before completing my undergrad. Is that possible?

Nope you cannot. Honestly I wouldn’t worry about the timeframe. If you graduate in August this year, then you still have time to apply for GBC once you’ve gotten your degree. BPS will take 1-2 months (depending on the demand, usually high between October-January). If you’re applying for MSc in the UK, then you can explain your situation to the unis. I applied for GBC in October 2022, and got it in January 2023. My friend who didnt know about the GBC, got a conditional offer in April and her condition was to get the GBC. She received her accreditation in less than 2 weeks! So you have plenty time - until June of next year, even to get your GBC. Just make sure you inform your unis beforehand, and immediately submit it once you have gotten it. Good luck!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
Nope you cannot. Honestly I wouldn’t worry about the timeframe. If you graduate in August this year, then you still have time to apply for GBC once you’ve gotten your degree. BPS will take 1-2 months (depending on the demand, usually high between October-January). If you’re applying for MSc in the UK, then you can explain your situation to the unis. I applied for GBC in October 2022, and got it in January 2023. My friend who didnt know about the GBC, got a conditional offer in April and her condition was to get the GBC. She received her accreditation in less than 2 weeks! So you have plenty time - until June of next year, even to get your GBC. Just make sure you inform your unis beforehand, and immediately submit it once you have gotten it. Good luck!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! That helps a lot.
Reply 5

Hii

Actually I am in a similar situation only that I would be graduating in the month of may or June of 2025. I would like to know about the time frame of applying for GBC and the one for University ( masters). And it will also be helpful if you could explain me about the job after masters i.e to gain experience before applying for doctorate in clinical psychology.will it be possible for an international student to get the job?

Quick Reply

Latest