The Student Room Group

HKU / CUHK Medicine non-jupas 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #15
Me too. I applied to HKUmed 2020, got the CO but didnt meet it
They still gave me interview last year though so maybe your gpa matters more?

Then why didn’t you got in last year? Did they not give you CO after the interview? From threads in previous years they only want top overseas unis like G5 and US unis? Maybe Bristol aren’t what they want?
Original post by Anonymous #16
Then why didn’t you got in last year? Did they not give you CO after the interview? From threads in previous years they only want top overseas unis like G5 and US unis? Maybe Bristol aren’t what they want?

Im not sure, coz I did the interview quite badly, and maybe they doubt if I can secure a first class honour at last? Im not sure if Bristol is good though but I saw some HKU med students intercalating there so?
Im not sure, coz I did the interview quite badly, and maybe they doubt if I can secure a first class honour at last? Im not sure if Bristol is good though but I saw some HKU med students intercalating there so?

So far I only heard of G5 unis and top American unis graduates like Harvard UCLA got into HKU med. Honestly quite anxious with no interview offer at the moment. I have a good news though, my HK colleagues doing the same course at my uni are not thinking about HKU MBBS, so maybe less competition?
So far I only heard of G5 unis and top American unis graduates like Harvard UCLA got into HKU med. Honestly quite anxious with no interview offer at the moment. I have a good news though, my HK colleagues doing the same course at my uni are not thinking about HKU MBBS, so maybe less competition?

Hope so? I am not sure if school reputation or GPA more important
Hope so? I am not sure if school reputation or GPA more important

Are you on a master’s or something in this year?
Are you on a master’s or something in this year?

Nah. I graduated in 2023 and now applying to HKU again.
Do you think I still got a chance? but Im not from g5.....
Nah. I graduated in 2023 and now applying to HKU again.
Do you think I still got a chance? but Im not from g5.....

Honestly I don’t see much chance unless you have something else new for them on your portfolio
Honestly I don’t see much chance unless you have something else new for them on your portfolio

Umm I worked in HKU before and got a good gpa? idk kinda afraid
Umm I worked in HKU before and got a good gpa? idk kinda afraid

I can’t speak for the med school but i think the best way is really to get a master’s with distinction in G5 as 洗底
Sorry I really not a expert with their admissions
I can’t speak for the med school but i think the best way is really to get a master’s with distinction in G5 as 洗底
Sorry I really not a expert with their admissions

Im not sure but I hope my GPA can compensate not being in g5?

If you only got a borderline 1st in your degree, I don’t think that’s good enough to compensate

You also applied to CUHK?
If you only got a borderline 1st in your degree, I don’t think that’s good enough to compensate

wait… does HKU treat differently to a boarder line first and an upper first? like do they care about my ranking in the degree? 😖
wait… does HKU treat differently to a boarder line first and an upper first? like do they care about my ranking in the degree? 😖

I think even for G5 grads they still expect 1st, as I saw conditional offer requiring graduating with 1st before. They may expect more from non G5. Sorry if that crush your heart
I think even for G5 grads they still expect 1st, as I saw conditional offer requiring graduating with 1st before. They may expect more from non G5. Sorry if that crush your heart

nah thank you for letting me know 😀
so for non g5 applicant, are we generally expected to be like top 10% of class or sth?
nah thank you for letting me know 😀
so for non g5 applicant, are we generally expected to be like top 10% of class or sth?

I cannot tell cuz I really don’t now any non G5 degree holder getting in. As far as I know the academic requirements in G5 unis are significantly stricter than non G5. At least in my course, graduating with 80% is almost impossible and that can gives you the no.1 place in the cohort of 150+ people
Original post by Chara1127
it's between 2900~3000

Ah I see, was the issue with the predicted grade... or was it high too? Because the UCAT score is good...
Original post by Anonymous #13
got both hku and cuhk interview offers, doing alevels and did ucat 3000+

Congrats! Did you do AS?
Original post by Anonymous #8
Congrats! Did you do AS?

thanks! no, i didn't, i applied with 4A* + epq A* predicted
Any updates with grad student or degree holder or UG?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending