The Student Room Group

University Entry Requirements

I am soon going to be applying to universities soon. I want to do psychology in a russel group uni but i am worried if GCSE requirments might affect my chances in receiving offers because for Maths and English Language I need either 5 or 6 in most unis. I got a grade 6 in maths but I a grade 4 in English language and i am currently the alevels psychology, business and sociology. If I can get A* in sociology and As in the other two alevels will that make up for me getting a 4 in English since sociology is an essay based subject?
Original post by Nooppea
I am soon going to be applying to universities soon. I want to do psychology in a russel group uni but i am worried if GCSE requirments might affect my chances in receiving offers because for Maths and English Language I need either 5 or 6 in most unis. I got a grade 6 in maths but I a grade 4 in English language and i am currently the alevels psychology, business and sociology. If I can get A* in sociology and As in the other two alevels will that make up for me getting a 4 in English since sociology is an essay based subject?

hey, would suggest sending an email to the uni- I know Southampton accepts 4 at gcse which is a Russel group for psychology

Quick Reply

Latest