The Student Room Group

Computer science laptop for uni

I’m starting computer science as a degree in september. I have a gaming laptop, but it is quite expensive and very heavy and big to carry everyday to university. I just wanted to know what cheap laptop can I buy that can handle programmes, and isn’t heavy. Looking at around £200
I mean Facebook marketplace is always a start for cheap laptops, my friend got a lenovo yoga touch screen laptop for around £100. Asus also does cheap lightweight laptops and I'm pretty sure that they can handle decent programmes.
Original post by stan shinee
I’m starting computer science as a degree in september. I have a gaming laptop, but it is quite expensive and very heavy and big to carry everyday to university. I just wanted to know what cheap laptop can I buy that can handle programmes, and isn’t heavy. Looking at around £200

You can never go wrong with a second hand thinkpad, If you're into like modding or upgrading computers then they're a great bet. I'd usually go for ones that have low amount of upgradable memory with a stronger non-upgradable CPU. There are some pretty decent stuff on Ebay and as atarisroses said Facebook marketplace is great for cheap laptops. Hope this helps at all :smile: -Blue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending