The Student Room Group

Clearing Computer science

hey quick question. what unis tend to offer clearing for computer science frequently every year. i would prefererably like to hear any good ones such as in the russell group and i am looking at grade requirements at BBC through clearing. what are the best ones that tend to pop up from time to time over the years. thanks!
I'm really enjoying my time at Suffolk, and we're rising rapidly in the league tables too!

-- Elliot
Reply 2
Original post by Adrian_17
hey quick question. what unis tend to offer clearing for computer science frequently every year. i would prefererably like to hear any good ones such as in the russell group and i am looking at grade requirements at BBC through clearing. what are the best ones that tend to pop up from time to time over the years. thanks!

Hey there, I am not sure about Russell groups but many good non-russell group universities such as Leicester, Reading, Royal Holloway and Surrey were open for clearing with grades ranging from BBB-BBC. Clearing does change yearly though so there is no guarantee there will be places this year, or if the requirements will be the same.

Hope this helps.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Adrian_17

Hi!

I got into Heriot-Watt through clearing a couple years ago now for Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence). I can't remember the exact grades need but I do believe it was around a BBC. I chose Heriot-Watt because of how nice the people I was speaking to were, the location in Edinburgh, how great the course is and the opportunity to specialize in AI. Like it's been said above clearing spots do change from year to year so there's no guarantee but we do normally have some places available.

My top tips for clearing is to get 2 phones on the go, have a laptop ready so you can look through websites and write your results and UCAS number very clearly on a piece of paper infront of you and get yourself a nice drink. It'll be a hectic couple of hours but it's really not all that bad.

If you have any more questions about the process or Heriot-Watt please feel free to ask!

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
Reply 4
Russel groups wouldn’t do computer science clearing at just BBC, I’d suggest you aim higher at let’s say ABB minimum and you may find some Russel groups

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending