The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam

Hi everyone !
Ive (24/m) got an acceptance for the january 2024 intake at shu in msc supply chain and logistics
When should i plan to move to sheffield(from saudi arabia)and where should i be staying..halls/private accomodations/dorm rooms.recommendations please thank you!
Original post by mojojz
Hi everyone !
Ive (24/m) got an acceptance for the january 2024 intake at shu in msc supply chain and logistics
When should i plan to move to sheffield(from saudi arabia)and where should i be staying..halls/private accomodations/dorm rooms.recommendations please thank you!

Hey Mojojz,

That's fantastic news about your acceptance to SHU for an MSc in Supply Chain and Logistics! I think moving to Sheffield a month before your course starts could be a great idea, especially to experience the festive Christmas atmosphere the city offers. It’s a wonderful opportunity to settle in and join in the fun activities.

As for accommodations, I wholeheartedly recommend university halls. They are a hotspot for making lifelong friends, especially for an international student. I made quite a number of friends when I got here, which helped make the transition easier. SHU has a wide range of student halls; you can find them here: SHU Accommodations. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, I'm here to answer them.

Mo - Student Ambassador at Hallam
(edited 5 months ago)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Hi Mojojz,

Congratulations on your acceptance! We look forward to having you in Sheffield and at our university.

To arrive in good time for International Orientation and your course induction, you should aim to arrive on campus by Sunday 14 January 2024 at the latest. If you arrive at Manchester airport between 11 14 January you will benefit from the free airport pick up service.

If you are arriving outside of our Meet and Greet desk opening times, the main University buildings might be closed. You can call our 24-hour helpline on 0800 073 1318. Make a note of this before you travel. You should also contact your landlord in advance to confirm your arrival time. If you cannot make it to Sheffield by that date please email [email protected].

If you have questions about dependent visas and the changes to Student visa requirements from January 2024 please read our guidance here.

Please have a look at and follow this timeline and complete the key tasks to ensure a smooth transition to study in Sheffield Hallam University. You cab find all this information in this page - International arrivals

Accommodation

International students travelling without dependants are guaranteed student accommodation in our partner halls of residence close to the University campuses. We offer a wide range of properties to fit different budgets. You can search and apply for accommodation online. The sooner you apply, the more likely you are to get your first choice of property.

Some international students choose to live in private accommodation. You can contact any local letting agent and view properties on their websites. However, we do not advise you to sign any contracts before you have actually viewed the property. If you sign a tenancy agreement (housing contract) this is legally binding and you will have to pay the rent even if you choose not to live there. This applies even if you do not pay a deposit or provide a guarantor’s details. Many tenancy agreements are now ‘online’ and if you proceed to click through to ‘sign’ a contract, this will be binding.

Aim to have a list of 3-5 suitable properties ready to view when you arrive or ask a trusted friend or a family member to view them on your behalf.

You can find more information here on this website - https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/international/international-experience-team/on-your-arrival/accommodation-on-arrival and this provides useful information for international students looking at accommodation as well - https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/accommodation/support-and-useful-information/international-students

We also have an International Experience Team which provide extensive support for international students, in the lead up to and during the arrival and orientation period, and throughout your studies with us. They provide key pre-arrival information which can help you prepare before you arrive in the UK. For more information on this and for useful information for international applicants please view this website - https://www.shu.ac.uk/Study-here/Studying-at-Sheffield-Hallam/Information-for-international-applicants

I hope this helps and please respond with any other questions you might have. We are happy to help!

Rosie (Sheffield Hallam Rep)
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending