The Student Room Group
@Wise Goldie you are back on next Tuesday, aren't you? have you been in Germany?

More people than I thought have been in Germany. I would love to know where exactly.
@Musical Cats Do you have voted in this poll so far? you wished to be tagged and I did. If you have been in Germany or not, tell me, if you like.
Reply 3
I went to Berlin in 2019, in February, it was like Antarctica. No offense but personally found it run down and it felt unsafe and not to pleasant people. On the upside you got 50p for returning plastic bottles to shops for environmental interests and had lovely mosques.
Original post by Amb/conf
I went to Berlin in 2019, in February, it was like Antarctica. No offense but personally found it run down and it felt unsafe and not to pleasant people. On the upside you got 50p for returning plastic bottles to shops for environmental interests and had lovely mosques.

Yeah, friends I know who live in Berlin told me the same. The citizen there are unfriendly and not pleasant as a rule. They told me about the heat there from June til August. Maybe you meet this city again in the summer season?
I've been to Berlin twice, in 2017, and 2018 - I think it might be either the best place I've visited, or the second-best!

I adored the manner in which it was planned, its green spaces, and how wide its streets are (unlike London, which feels awfully cramped to me, though I don't mean to speak rudely to any Londoners!!); and I thought its public transport excellent - though I have heard that residents of Germany might feel less favourably towards Deutsche Bahn!
I found the city's divide to be fascinating, as well; the Eastern architecture I enjoyed as much as the Western - and the silence at night was so wonderful! I recall walking along a particularly wide pavement beside the river late on a Friday night, unencumbered by other pedestrians, unburdened by drunken shouts or vehicle-noise: it felt to me such a blissful city, and truly, I'd think of living there.

My very favourite place - visited on both occasions! - was the DDR Museum :smile: I'd love to go back to Germany! Perhaps to Bavaria, or to Hamburg, where my Great-Grandmother was from :smile:
We visited Germany last year and toured a few towns and cities (Regensburg, Nuremberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, Nordlingen) before heading to Fussen and Berchtesgaden for some hiking in the Alps. We loved it and plan to go back.
Reply 8
I'm part German and most of the family that I actually know/talk to lives there. They live in Niedersachsen near the Dutch border, and that's where I go when I'm in Germany too. For the people who didn't like Berlin: I'm German and I don't like it either, lol.
Original post by normaw
We visited Germany last year and toured a few towns and cities (Regensburg, Nuremberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, Nordlingen) before heading to Fussen and Berchtesgaden for some hiking in the Alps. We loved it and plan to go back.

Nuremberg is one of these cities I like to meet in Bavaria. Is it true that the cities is surrounded by a castle wall?

Original post by the bear
i lived in Nordrhein Westphalia for a while

You know the greatest cities in that state then, Colonia and Düsseldorf. Have you been to one of these cities? did you lived in that state for studying?
Original post by Kallisto
Nuremberg is one of these cities I like to meet in Bavaria. Is it true that the cities is surrounded by a castle wall?

Yes it is. If you do visit you can stay in part of the castle - it's a youth hostel.
Original post by normaw
Yes it is. If you do visit you can stay in part of the castle - it's a youth hostel.

I have a reason to go there then. This and the historic city: it is one of the most beautiful ones in Germany. It is said by the travel guide at least. Are you just going to Bavaria because of hiking? Munich is the greatest city in that state and it is worth for a go.
Reply 12
You know the greatest cities in that state then, Colonia and Düsseldorf. Have you been to one of these cities? did you lived in that state for studying?

we lived in the countryside not far from Holland, not near a big city.
I went to Berlin for a family holiday when I was younger but haven't been to Germany since.
(edited 9 months ago)
I lived there once
Original post by Guru Jason
I lived there once

Fine. Maybe you wants to tell where exactly there?

Original post by Musical Cats
I went to Berlin for a family holiday when I was younger but haven't been to Germany since.

Do you want to meet Germany again and if which city?
Fine. Maybe you wants to tell where exactly there?

download.jpeg-3.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending