The Student Room Group

Have you got any summer plans?

What are you getting up to this summer? :woo:

I'm spending a lot of time sleeping, reading and going to the gym, as well as working on my personal statement. I also have my theory test in a few weeks! :eek4:

Let me know what you're doing this summer! :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Considering going on holiday
Reply 2
Already done a month abroad, could be tempted to go somewhere on the cheap next month but I have a fair bit of work to get through first and I also have a prior commitment elsewhere to get sorted.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Considering going on holiday

Got anywhere in particular in mind?
Original post by gjd800
Already done a month abroad, could be tempted to go somewhere on the cheap next month but I have a fair bit of work to get through first and I also have a prior commitment elsewhere to get sorted.

Ooo nice! I'm thinking about a month abroad next summer after exams, need to get my passport renewed first though :lol:
Original post by thrivingfrog

I'm spending a lot of time sleeping, reading and going to the gym, as well as working on my personal statement. I also have my theory test in a few weeks! :eek4:

Just trying to distract myself before results day. I would like to get a job in this time, but none of my applications seem to work out even though I've had many compliments on my CV. I'm also looking into other ways I can earn money before I get to University.
(edited 9 months ago)
Got anywhere in particular in mind?

Madrid or Barcelona is a possible destination maybe Budapest maybe Salzburg or Croatia
Holiday :biggrin: and seeing where life takes me :smile:
Move house

Don't die

Revenge
Original post by Mohammed_80
Madrid or Barcelona is a possible destination maybe Budapest maybe Salzburg or Croatia

I've always wanted to go to Barcelona!
Original post by Sullystudent
Just trying to distract myself before results day. I would like to get a job in this time, but none of my applications seem to work out even though I've had many compliments on my CV. I'm also looking into other ways I can earn money before I get to University.

I'm sure you've done amazingly! :woo:
I make money selling old things (clothing etc) sometimes so maybe you could try that?
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Holiday :biggrin: and seeing where life takes me :smile:

Exciting! I feel you on the second part, going with the flow atm
Original post by StriderHort
Move house

Don't die

Revenge

Good luck with the move :smile:

The last 2 sound rather ominous
Good luck with the move :smile:

The last 2 sound rather ominous

They're all connected...

The most recent neighbour in my rented flat turned out to have some pretty serious mental health issues and has taken a serious dislike to me so I had to move out, the landords sympathise with me but admit it will be a lengthy process to get rid of the guy so I opted to be sort-of the bigger person and leave. I'm oddly lucky here that I bought a small town flat a few months ago planning to rent it out, but now get to move to it myself into the unknown

Having been let down the night before by both my main moving friend and my back up moving friend I've had to spend the last 2 days moving all the damned stuff myself down 3 flights of stairs with both a bad back and thyroid issues - so yea trying not to die :tongue:

Revenge is just Revenge, I'd obv never commit a crime* but I'm curious at what point I can hit someone with my car and depending on witnesses, still consider it a plausible accident rather than an open provable crime :colonhash:

If I can manage these this summer I'll be content

* - unless I need to

I'm not doing anything of interest this summer, other than revising and catch-up. lol
I definitely want to spend a lot of time with my family this summer, as we don't get to spend that much time together during the school year. I also want to spend some time with my friends, maybe go to the cinema or a cafe with them. I also want to try to learn a new language. I have so much free time now and I thought I should do something productive, so I think I'll try to learn spanish. I'm also going to Italy this summer and I am really excited about it because I've never been there. Besides all that, I'm probably going to read some books and watch movies.
I've always wanted to go to Barcelona!

Yeah me too I hope you can go real soon once your passport is fixed
Original post by StriderHort
They're all connected...

The most recent neighbour in my rented flat turned out to have some pretty serious mental health issues and has taken a serious dislike to me so I had to move out, the landords sympathise with me but admit it will be a lengthy process to get rid of the guy so I opted to be sort-of the bigger person and leave. I'm oddly lucky here that I bought a small town flat a few months ago planning to rent it out, but now get to move to it myself into the unknown

Having been let down the night before by both my main moving friend and my back up moving friend I've had to spend the last 2 days moving all the damned stuff myself down 3 flights of stairs with both a bad back and thyroid issues - so yea trying not to die :tongue:

Revenge is just Revenge, I'd obv never commit a crime* but I'm curious at what point I can hit someone with my car and depending on witnesses, still consider it a plausible accident rather than an open provable crime :colonhash:

If I can manage these this summer I'll be content

* - unless I need to

That's awful!
I feel you on the revenge, I have DEFINITELY considered the same scenario before today and I haven't even passed my practical yet
Original post by blahblah0101
I'm not doing anything of interest this summer, other than revising and catch-up. lol

Ah good luck with the revision and catch up! I should be doing some of that myself considering I have mocks when I start year 13, but I still have over a month so it can wait :rofl:
Original post by belkcambura71
I definitely want to spend a lot of time with my family this summer, as we don't get to spend that much time together during the school year. I also want to spend some time with my friends, maybe go to the cinema or a cafe with them. I also want to try to learn a new language. I have so much free time now and I thought I should do something productive, so I think I'll try to learn spanish. I'm also going to Italy this summer and I am really excited about it because I've never been there. Besides all that, I'm probably going to read some books and watch movies.

Sounds like a solid plan to me :biggrin:
I plan on going to Italy next summer after exams so let me know how it is! (I am very excited)

Quick Reply

Latest