The Student Room Group

Applying to uni with bad grades due to disability

I’m hoping to apply for a fairly good uni to do law in year 2024, sadly over my time at sixth form I had some health difficulty’s which had left me disabled (wheelchair user) unfortunately due to all this my grades really suffered. I’m now doing better and wish I could attend a university I expected to get the grades for, any advice on if it’s possible to get special consideration due to my circumstances, I’ve looked into contextual offer but none seem to cover my specific circumstances. Thanks in advance for any help.
Universities usually take mitigating circumstances into consideration, although these are usually unexpected life events that happen just before your exam, but I suppose since it is still a personal life event that won't impact you in university it could still be considered? I'm not sure about the process for that but you should ask your university/school about it.
Reply 2
Original post by Absdalb
I’m hoping to apply for a fairly good uni to do law in year 2024, sadly over my time at sixth form I had some health difficulty’s which had left me disabled (wheelchair user) unfortunately due to all this my grades really suffered. I’m now doing better and wish I could attend a university I expected to get the grades for, any advice on if it’s possible to get special consideration due to my circumstances, I’ve looked into contextual offer but none seem to cover my specific circumstances. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, it honestly depends on the uni and the course but you could consider taking a foundation year to help you get on to the course you'd like to be. It would also be worth considering a Gap year in case you are wanting to improve any of your qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest