The Student Room Group

Can you change the EPQ Production Log after completing a section? (AQA EPQ)

My school uses Project Q for doing the production log.

For those who aren't familiar with it, it's essentially just a website which you can do the production log in, section by section and then format it in AQA's standard production log document.

My supervisors have locked certain sections like the record of initial ideas and the candidate proposal A and I can't access these anymore (I have already filled these sections in months ago).

But, the planning review and mid-project review aren't hidden, but they are locked so you can't edit them on Project Q. But, when you download it into the AQA production log, you can edit these.

The alterations I'm looking to make are solely focused around wording and brevity and not changing and adding to the content (Maybe adding a point extra or two if allowed).

But, I'm not sure if this is considered cheating. I have a final due date of September 6th, when everything will be finished and handed in, and I still have 1 more section to fill in for the production log so its not finished.

PLEASE NOTE: I haven't made any changes yet I just want to know if this is allowed.
Original post by noz25
My school uses Project Q for doing the production log.

For those who aren't familiar with it, it's essentially just a website which you can do the production log in, section by section and then format it in AQA's standard production log document.

My supervisors have locked certain sections like the record of initial ideas and the candidate proposal A and I can't access these anymore (I have already filled these sections in months ago).

But, the planning review and mid-project review aren't hidden, but they are locked so you can't edit them on Project Q. But, when you download it into the AQA production log, you can edit these.

The alterations I'm looking to make are solely focused around wording and brevity and not changing and adding to the content (Maybe adding a point extra or two if allowed).

But, I'm not sure if this is considered cheating. I have a final due date of September 6th, when everything will be finished and handed in, and I still have 1 more section to fill in for the production log so its not finished.

PLEASE NOTE: I haven't made any changes yet I just want to know if this is allowed.

We were always told that if we went back and changed stuff, then it would mess up the flow of the process and consistency for the marker. For instance, adding content in may not be consistent with what you mention later- if you get what I mean. The majority of marks for EPQ do come from planning and the process of it. If I were you I wouldn’t change it, I at one point asked my teacher if I could change something and she said no and that it would be fine the way it was. The whole point of EPQ is to see how your ideas develop and how you solve issues.

Also in the last lesson she let us do a SPAG check for the log book. Maybe you could mention the other points in the project product review or your presentation instead?

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending