The Student Room Group

epq production log changes

basically at my school you have to complete an epq. i didn’t want to initially so ive barely written anything in the log, its all a mess and i could fail.
over the last few weeks, ive spent TIME doing research, properly finding a title etc, but i want to go back into the locked sections and rewrite them and add points in because my other work is really bad.
if my supervisor lets me, will i get marked down or something? if i go back and change it (same topic just way better research and wordings etc) will aqa see that i changed it on project q and mark me down?
Reply 1
Original post by jlh12
basically at my school you have to complete an epq. i didn’t want to initially so ive barely written anything in the log, its all a mess and i could fail.
over the last few weeks, ive spent TIME doing research, properly finding a title etc, but i want to go back into the locked sections and rewrite them and add points in because my other work is really bad.
if my supervisor lets me, will i get marked down or something? if i go back and change it (same topic just way better research and wordings etc) will aqa see that i changed it on project q and mark me down?

Hey, I did an EPQ last year. I've never heard of them locking sections before as you're supposed to be able to amend it throughout the year. I wouldn't imagine that you would be penalised but I suggest asking your supervisor that question directly as I am not sure.
Reply 2
Your supervisor will be marking it? So see what they say about the locked bits. A sample will presumably be audited by the exam board.
I imagine that you need to be careful as the previous work will be dated. On the other hand, there will be students who did the research at the time and did not record it properly on the day.

If the supervisor doesn't want you to change it then an alternative is to start recording in lots of relevant detail now and explain that this is part of your learning from the process. You have developed your research skills etc.
You can say that you have now really grasped the point of the epq.

It may be unlocked at a later stage?
(edited 4 months ago)
When I did mine I went back and filled in all my log at the end so you should be fine to do it
Reply 4
Original post by thrivingfrog
When I did mine I went back and filled in all my log at the end so you should be fine to do it

so even the dates that are in project q don’t really matter? if i went back a changed it but didnt change the date would it be fine?
Reply 5
Original post by Cote1
Your supervisor will be marking it? So see what they say about the locked bits. A sample will presumably be audited by the exam board.
I imagine that you need to be careful as the previous work will be dated. On the other hand, there will be students who did the research at the time and did not record it properly on the day.

If the supervisor doesn't want you to change it then an alternative is to start recording in lots of relevant detail now and explain that this is part of your learning from the process. You have developed your research skills etc.
You can say that you have now really grasped the point of the epq.

It may be unlocked at a later stage?

yeah at the bottom of each section on project q there’s a date, if i don’t change that so it seems like i didn’t change anything would i get marked down?
Reply 6
oh no please don't be worried about making changes or the locking of sections!! if anything, your change in approach is a very good thing and you will get rewarded for that. honestly, make sure you go on about your changing attitude towards the EPQ + mention what new, interesting things you've found out now that you're doing better research.
Original post by jlh12

so even the dates that are in project q don’t really matter? if i went back a changed it but didnt change the date would it be fine?

Yeah I didn't change the dates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending