The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Postgraduate Accomodation at Nottingham

Hi,
I am currently looking for accommodation for my two year post graduation course at the University of Nottingham. I am coming from a university where Postgraduates students usually went to shared houses or private accommodation.
However, Nottingham seems to guarantee accommodation for Postgraduates and having had a pretty bad first year undergraduate experience (COVID); I wouldn't mind at all going back to halls especially considering undergraduates and postgraduates are segregated.

I was wondering if this is the norm for postgraduates or if it only mostly international students who do this? I'd much rather be on campus as I am coming to a new city and it would seem easier to get back into it with halls and other postgraduates; rather than trying to find a random house share.
Currently looking at Varsity as it seems like quite a nice little hall for only postgraduates so it could be interesting!

Thanks !
Reply 1
Original post by brownleaf
Hi,
I am currently looking for accommodation for my two year post graduation course at the University of Nottingham. I am coming from a university where Postgraduates students usually went to shared houses or private accommodation.
However, Nottingham seems to guarantee accommodation for Postgraduates and having had a pretty bad first year undergraduate experience (COVID); I wouldn't mind at all going back to halls especially considering undergraduates and postgraduates are segregated.

I was wondering if this is the norm for postgraduates or if it only mostly international students who do this? I'd much rather be on campus as I am coming to a new city and it would seem easier to get back into it with halls and other postgraduates; rather than trying to find a random house share.
Currently looking at Varsity as it seems like quite a nice little hall for only postgraduates so it could be interesting!

Thanks !

Hi there!

I am actually looking for a tenant to takeover my tenancy agreement. I am also an applicant at the University of Nottingham and planning to pursue a Masters degree. However, my plans for this academic year did not go well as I anticipated and thus I will have to differ to 2024.

I reserved a (bigger) Studio at The Frontage which is at the city centre. I have visited the accommodation myself on May and met some international students who were staying there and recommended it to me to be one of the best options for UoN students. Everything is at a close distance and public transportation is accessible and will take 10-15 minutes of commute to University Park Campus (not sure for other campuses).

My tenancy includes a guarantor which means rent to be paid in installment.

See below more details:
Type: Bigger Studio
Start Date: 09/09/2023
Duration: 51 Weeks
Price Per Week: £239

If interested please share with me your email privately and I can share with you more details and connect you with the accommodation team at The Frontage.

Wish you the best of luck in finding your suitable accommodation.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi there, if you are staying at the Jubilee campus then the Melton Hall seems to be very nice, but I’m afraid that the rooms have been fully booked already. I’m looking for a tenant to take over my tenancy agreement too, so if you would like to live in a studio around Jubilee you should check this out: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7373657
Also wish you best of luck finding your accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending