The Student Room Group

Feeling Behind

Most of the people i know are in some sort of talking stage/relationship or have at least had their first kiss, some have even had sex (not really something I need at 15) and I just feel so behind. I'm in an all-girls school as well so it's not like I can up and find someone. Even this girl I was talking to, we stopped talking for a couple of months, just for her to text me saying she had a bf and they broke up (I'm bi btw so it's not abt him being a boy, more on the fact that she found someone else). I wouldn't say I'm the prettiest girl ever but it still stings sometimes hearing about things everyone else has done.
I can understand what you are feeling, feeling falling behind is not a very good thing. You need to understand that sometimes love takes over more time than friendship, so, you need to understand her in that way. On the other hand, you can find a person that doesn't really mind if you had the same romantic experiences. You do not need to push yourself forward really, because everyone has their own speed. If they are bullying you for that, you can just say is there any law that requires somebody that eg when you are 15 you should have your first kiss?
Hope that helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I can understand what you are feeling, feeling falling behind is not a very good thing. You need to understand that sometimes love takes over more time than friendship, so, you need to understand her in that way. On the other hand, you can find a person that doesn't really mind if you had the same romantic experiences. You do not need to push yourself forward really, because everyone has their own speed. If they are bullying you for that, you can just say is there any law that requires somebody that eg when you are 15 you should have your first kiss?
Hope that helps.

thanks sm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending