The Student Room Group

I'd really like some advice

Hi, so I'm in Year 11, and just finished my mocks. I got my English Grade back today, and in all honesty it was complete sh*t. To other people its like a REALLY good grade but it literally KILLS me inside. I'm in a top set class with a teacher whose really demanding, and always gets 8s and 9s out of her classes. I cant begin to explain how dissapointed I am rn. I have asian parents tooo, so...the bar is completley different from most people.
Lately it feels like no matter what Im doing im being left behind. I dont know hopw to get up from here.
And its not just English, but I'm falling behind in so many other subjects.
And to make things worse- theres sm drama, with two friends against me for god knows what, giving me the most miserable time.
And literally everything is crumbling apart.
School, grades, friends, home, LIFE.
How do I fix this, how do I get back up, please help if you can understand. This was more of a rant ngl, needed to get it off my chest.
Ty in advance <3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, so I'm in Year 11, and just finished my mocks. I got my English Grade back today, and in all honesty it was complete sh*t. To other people its like a REALLY good grade but it literally KILLS me inside. I'm in a top set class with a teacher whose really demanding, and always gets 8s and 9s out of her classes. I cant begin to explain how dissapointed I am rn. I have asian parents tooo, so...the bar is completley different from most people.
Lately it feels like no matter what Im doing im being left behind. I dont know hopw to get up from here.
And its not just English, but I'm falling behind in so many other subjects.
And to make things worse- theres sm drama, with two friends against me for god knows what, giving me the most miserable time.
And literally everything is crumbling apart.
School, grades, friends, home, LIFE.
How do I fix this, how do I get back up, please help if you can understand. This was more of a rant ngl, needed to get it off my chest.
Ty in advance <3

I've been in a similar sitch before where everything fell apart. Out of interest what grade did you get? Do remember that they are mocks so don't stress too much. Go to your teacher and ask what went wrong, stay in if you need them to help you a bit and then relook over what went wrong and try and see how to improve now - you'll feel better knowing what happened and how to improve
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
I've been in a similar sitch before where everything fell apart. Out of interest what grade did you get? Do remember that they are mocks so don't stress too much. Go to your teacher and ask what went wrong, stay in if you need them to help you a bit and then relook over what went wrong and try and see how to improve now - you'll feel better knowing what happened and how to improve

Thx sm- I was in such a muddle, that I didnt even stay behind, will take your advice :smile:
I used to be predicted an 8, bit now shes predicting me a 7- Ive gotten a borderline 6 (which ik for most ppl is nothing to complain abt, and everything, but it sucks for me)
I'll definitely ask her what I should work on, thx again.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thx sm- I was in such a muddle, that I didnt even stay behind, will take your advice :smile:
I used to be predicted an 8, bit now shes predicting me a 7- Ive gotten a borderline 6 (which ik for most ppl is nothing to complain abt, and everything, but it sucks for me)
I'll definitely ask her what I should work on, thx again.

No problem, and 7 is still so good! If you learn what you went wrong and practice before the real exam you can definitely get an 8 or even 9. Ik you’re disappointed about the 6, it’s because you’re used to the higher grades so a seemingly good grade to someone else feels like you’ve let yourself down, but that’s the reason why we have mocks, to get out all of the mistakes before the real thing.

Quick Reply

Latest