The Student Room Group

Anxiety an exceptional circumstance for university?

Hi there, I am currently in my second year of uni and I am about to do 2 resits in the coming days. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow about my anxiety as it has been extremely bad recently with panic attacks nearly every day made worse by the exams. I am wondering if this is good enough reason for the exceptional circumstances board to postpone my exam to give me time to get my head straight. it is already a resit so i wonder if that affects the ability to postpone and if not postponement would there be any special consideration towards marking?
Thanks in advance
I'm not sure about the exams but have you spoken to anyone about your anxiety so far this year
Unfortunately if this is the first time speaking to the doctors or any health person then I don't think that it would be able to change anything as technically anyone could go to the doctors and claim really bad anxiety (which I'm not saying you don't have but unfortunately if you don't have any proof of it going on for a while or how bad it is then I don't think they would be able to do anything)
Just get all the proofs together, get somebody to support you and try. You will never know, by asking TSR. But maybe you get some tips, how to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest