The Student Room Group

Online A-levels VS in person college A-levels

Hi,
I just want to ask a question do you gain the same qualifications from doing an online A-level course compared to the in person college courses ?

Also the two online college I am viewing is :

1. Oxbridge Home Learning
AND
2. Open Study College

I would just like to know is there any major disadvantages in the study material ?
Reply 1
Original post by itsmeuno
Hi,
I just want to ask a question do you gain the same qualifications from doing an online A-level course compared to the in person college courses ?

AND
2. Open Study College

I would just like to know is there any major disadvantages in the study material ?

Hey there,

If you do an online A-Level course you will receive the same qualification from an exam board as someone studying at an in-person college. You will still have to sit the exam in person and will have to travel to an examination center (such as a local college) and pay for exam fees if not provided by the online college.

I personally haven't done an A-Level online but there shouldn't be any major disadvantages in the study material. You won't be able to seek advice face-to-face from your teacher/tutor but if you are motivated and able to be responsible for your studying, you should do fine.

The best thing to do would ask those two online colleges as they will be able to answer your questions and future queries. :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by itsmeuno
Hi,

AND
2. Open Study College

It’s the same qualification if you do it at a regular college or an online college. Online will require more self study but the advantage of online study is that you can schedule your learning around a job or other commitments. You may need to find an exam venue where you can sit as an external candidate and have to pay exam fees when you study online. At a regular college you will sit the exam at one of the college sites but you may need to go to a local secondary school or examination centre when you study online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending