The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Environmental Science St Andrews

I really want to do environmental science at St. Andrews - I am only just going into year 11, but I was wondering if anyone who got accepted had any tips to start preparing. Maybe any example extracurricular over post gcse summer? And what sort of grades are expected for acceptance (I’m predicted all a’s and a* at gcse but i doubt that matters at uni)
Thank you xx
Original post by Anonymous
I really want to do environmental science at St. Andrews - I am only just going into year 11, but I was wondering if anyone who got accepted had any tips to start preparing. Maybe any example extracurricular over post gcse summer? And what sort of grades are expected for acceptance (I’m predicted all a’s and a* at gcse but i doubt that matters at uni)
Thank you xx
Which part of the world are you living at the moment? (Scotland, Wales, England, another country?)

Best advice would be to find your local library and head to the environment section to be honest
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Which part of the world are you living at the moment? (Scotland, Wales, England, another country?)

Best advice would be to find your local library and head to the environment section to be honest

I live in England but can get German Citizenship if that helps? - so independent reading is the best aid for acceptance?
Thank you
I live in England but can get German Citizenship if that helps? - so independent reading is the best aid for acceptance?
Thank you
How are you predicted all As and A*s when schools in England have 9-1 grading for GCSE? :hopmes:
Reply 4
By A* and As I mean the relative gcse grades. So all 9s and 8s. (More nines than eights but I’ve been told it will most grades that are eights will hopefully improve)
By A* and As I mean the relative gcse grades. So all 9s and 8s. (More nines than eights but I’ve been told it will most grades that are eights will hopefully improve)
Talk in 9s and 8s then. Even though I never did the new ones, they're not that new anymore eight years later. :wink:

Was the advice I gave above helpful?
Is there anything else I can answer?
Reply 6
Thank you xx

I'd suggest it is the same as any other course - wider reading, completing relevant online courses/attending relevant events, volunteering/work experience. Anything to show your interest in the subject that goes beyond what you might be doing at school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending