The Student Room Group

Anyone going into MSc health data science, is it hard?

I never code, or good at maths and statistics, but interested in this kind of area. I have a degree in BSc Public health. I am looking into Manchester, UCL, lshtm,st Andrew, Bristol and leeds. Is it very difficult for someone who have no knowledge in coding and some advanced maths? Also where should I start learning the maths and statistics, any good free website?
I'd probably start having a look at R. There are many introductory videos/tutorials online, for example https://www.lynda.com/R-training-tutorials/1570-0.html
Reply 2
Original post by sophiia98
I never code, or good at maths and statistics, but interested in this kind of area. I have a degree in BSc Public health. I am looking into Manchester, UCL, lshtm,st Andrew, Bristol and leeds. Is it very difficult for someone who have no knowledge in coding and some advanced maths? Also where should I start learning the maths and statistics, any good free website?

@sophiia98 Hi! Did you apply for Health Data Science to any of these universities? If so, I would really love to your feedback about the course and the job prospects.

I was recently rejected by St Andrews for a masters course that I had applied to, but they have offered me an alternative course to consider for admission. It is the MSc in Health Data Science course, and I do not have much knowledge about the course or the career prospects after completing it.
It would be really helpful if you could please let me know about the course with regard to the course structure, exposure, employability, etc.

I recently came across this thread and I pretty much have the same questions and doubts as you did.

I would really love to connect with people who are already in this course or who have applied for it this year. Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by Abhirame
@sophiia98 Hi! Did you apply for Health Data Science to any of these universities? If so, I would really love to your feedback about the course and the job prospects.

I was recently rejected by St Andrews for a masters course that I had applied to, but they have offered me an alternative course to consider for admission. It is the MSc in Health Data Science course, and I do not have much knowledge about the course or the career prospects after completing it.
It would be really helpful if you could please let me know about the course with regard to the course structure, exposure, employability, etc.

I recently came across this thread and I pretty much have the same questions and doubts as you did.

I would really love to connect with people who are already in this course or who have applied for it this year. Thank you!

Hello, can you tell me if you have finally decided to study Health Data Science at the University of St. Andrews?
Reply 4
Original post by sophiia98

you'll get owned

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending