The Student Room Group

If someone has the same Alevel grades, does it matter which university they go to?

For example, say someone got A*AA and went to Durham, KCL or Edinburgh over Oxbridge/Imperial does it matter. Or if someone got AAA and went to Exeter/Bath/Bristol/Birmingham / Nottingham instead of UCL. Surely they are just the same calibre and employers should not discriminate?
(edited 8 months ago)
Generally speaking, university choice does make a difference, especially with certain employers, whether that's for better or worse
Reply 2
(Original post by melancollege)Generally speaking, university choice does make a difference, especially with certain employers, whether that's for better or worse

Original post by melancollege
Generally speaking, university choice does make a difference, especially with certain employers, whether that's for better or worse

I am just saying like at school I know people who got the same alevels and one got wento UCL and the other Exeter for the same subject (History) but the one at UCL ganers more respcect, I think its illogical.
Reply 3
Original post by pinpoint1900
(Original post by melancollege)Generally speaking, university choice does make a difference, especially with certain employers, whether that's for better or worse

I am just saying like at school I know people who got the same alevels and one got wento UCL and the other Exeter for the same subject (History) but the one at UCL ganers more respcect, I think its illogical.

This only happens in a very few areas and many recruiters look at the degree class and recruit institution blind. Many of my top students don't choose RG for Engineering but they get top roles after graduation.
Reply 4
Original post by melancollege

This really isn't true these days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending