The Student Room Group

Foundation year Law transfer student. Do I have a chance?

. I am a law foundation year student at the University of law, wanting to transfer unis.
I emailed a few universities and the majority of then were willing to consider a foundation year applicant. They advised me to apply online via UCAS so that they can assess my modules and see a personal statement, reference etc.

For my first 3 modules I recieved 2 2.1's and a 2.2 :/.
However for nxt 3 modules, in the mocks I received 3 very high firsts which I was pleasantly surprised about. If I were to get 3 firsts in these modules, would those be decent enough grades to transfer?
I guess I'm just really nervous about applying as my alevel grades were really quite poor. (CDD) should I take the plunge and just apply? Has anybody ever been in the same position?
Any help appreciated 😊
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by amber2106
. I am a law foundation year student at the University of law, wanting to transfer unis.
I emailed a few universities and the majority of then were willing to consider a foundation year applicant. They advised me to apply online via UCAS so that they can assess my modules and see a personal statement, reference etc.

For my first 3 modules I recieved 2 2.1's and a 2.2 :/.
However for nxt 3 modules, in the mocks I received 3 very high firsts which I was pleasantly surprised about. If I were to get 3 firsts in these modules, would those be decent enough grades to transfer?
I guess I'm just really nervous about applying as my alevel grades were really quite poor. (CDD) should I take the plunge and just apply? Has anybody ever been in the same position?
Any help appreciated 😊

It doesn't hurt to apply so I would just go for it but tbh the unis will still take your CDD into account so I wouldn't apply anywhere too competitive. I know it's tricky with law as they tend to ask for high A level grades.
Why are those your Alevel grades? They are clearly not representative of your ability so make sure you cover that off in your application if you have any mitigating circumstances. Also, a foundation degree does not lock you into a specific university so make sure you do your research on where you want to apply and put an application in next year.
Reply 3
Hi i was wondering if things turned out okay for you as I hoping to do something similar .thanks in advance !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending