The Student Room Group

dentistry personal statement - where can my backup be?

so i have only made a dentistry personal statement, i was wondering what my backup course could be with this statement, i was thinking of applying forensic science and criminology or pharamacy/pharmacology but where else can i apply, and can i even apply for these courses?
You don’t have to decide this now. You can apply with 4 choices now and then add your 5th choice in January.

Many courses will accept a med/dental PS with no problem. Some universities might ask you to submit a second PS to them directly.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You don’t have to decide this now. You can apply with 4 choices now and then add your 5th choice in January.

Many courses will accept a med/dental PS with no problem. Some universities might ask you to submit a second PS to them directly.

oh, i didn't know this! but i'm not sure if my school will allow me to do that, so in the case that i can't, would pharmacology/pharmacy/criminology and forensic science accept my personal statement?
Original post by charlotte05x
oh, i didn't know this! but i'm not sure if my school will allow me to do that, so in the case that i can't, would pharmacology/pharmacy/criminology and forensic science accept my personal statement?

Your school can’t stop you if you say you don’t want to decide on your 5th choice yet
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Your school can’t stop you if you say you don’t want to decide on your 5th choice yet

Thank you, but do you know anything regarding my personal statement for those courses as tbh I do want to be done with my application
id recommend applying for a dental therapy/oral science course if you're planning to do dentistrt as that's the most similar courses and say for ehatever reason you end up doing dental therapy some uni allow you to transfer or apply after the course is over to second year bds! imo it's better to stay ithin the field of dentistry
Pharmacy degrees can fill their places many times over with applicants who are 100% committed to a career in pharmacy.

If you are absolutely determined to rush into making a choice within 24 hours then an academic life sciences course like biomed, pharmacology or just biology is the most accepting of applicants without a focused PS. Chemistry degrees are also generally very happy to consider applicants who are applying for med/dental courses (and chemistry is generally a better option if you’re interested in working in forensics rather than a forensic science degree - there’s very few forensics degrees that are suitable for entry into forensics, and the job market in forensics is very competitive).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending